British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

All sorts of interesting things going on with this 1854 Groat:

1854Groatdatecloseup.jpg

we know about the small date and the large date, but I haven't seen one over the other before

and...

1854GroatNoverP.jpg

N over I think a P in REGINA

It's also Davies 1232 - with an extra stop under the colon after NIAR, and an unlisted one around the D of F:D:

Seems to be a bit of a neglected series when you consider the amount of time we all spend peering at pennies.

All sorts of interesting things going on with this 1854 Groat:

Seems to be a bit of a neglected series when you consider the amount of time we all spend peering at pennies.

I get the feeling that all other series are neglected relative to pennies!! Anyone else?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Great-Britain-1854-Groat-Coin-gF-/121207903321?pt=AU_Coins2&hash=item1c388dd459

this one on ebay has something goin on, problem is it is in Australia :(

The obverse legend has been part destroyed, perhaps by soldering (to create a ring?) - but there is definitely N over something in PENCE.