British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Coinery

Paypal Scams!

Just thought, being as most of us use Paypal, that we could share any scamming attempts here, and hopefully stay up to date with it all!

So, today I received an email, saying that £40+ has been paid from my account to Skype (which I don't use) for a 3-month period!

At the bottom of the email there was a link saying 'if you did not authorise this payment, open a dispute here!' That was the danger zone, of course!

PayPal advise that people first check their accounts by opening a new browser and entering PayPal.com and logging in from there to check for any legitimate payments, etc.

Also, they ask that any fraudulent emails be forwarded in full to them at spoof@paypal.com

I've frequently had emails saying my account has been frozen. Genuine emails from Paypal, banks etc always address you by name NOT "dear customer"

Richard

I can't imagine any forum member being hoodwinked.

Please advise me of any suspects. :ph34r:

I regularly get spoof paypal emails. I 've had the skype several times and lost count of the "your account has been limited" etc.

Just thought, being as most of us use Paypal, that we could share any scamming attempts here, and hopefully stay up to date with it all!

So, today I received an email, saying that £40+ has been paid from my account to Skype (which I don't use) for a 3-month period!

At the bottom of the email there was a link saying 'if you did not authorise this payment, open a dispute here!' That was the danger zone, of course!

PayPal advise that people first check their accounts by opening a new browser and entering PayPal.com and logging in from there to check for any legitimate payments, etc.

Also, they ask that any fraudulent emails be forwarded in full to them at spoof@paypal.com

It happened to me too.

Refport it!

Here's a good one I got this afternoon...don't click the link - it doesn't go to eBay !

I want to let you know that i have completed the payment of € 266 last Friday by PayPal and i didn`t received the product and also you didn`t sent me any email. Is something wrong ? Don`t make me start a drama.

Item number : 320637204642

Item URL : http;//cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320637204642

Thank You

I'm glad for this thread, it's good to stay ahead and stay sharp in such things! :)

Richard

You lost me there, Peter! :)

Richard

Stuart

I thought the thread was started by Richard (TG) (your avatars are similar)

PS

I've just sold your boat to an American so please advise me your bank details to enable funds transfer.

Richard

Stuart

PS

I've just sold your boat to an American so please advise me your bank details to enable funds transfer.

:lol: how much have we made?

Richard

Stuart

PS

There's a Nigerian knows the answer to that one ;)

hey dont knock the nigerian.....hes my long lost brother and has 5 million quid of my money waiting to transfer into my bank account......

i may bid on the boat once the funds have cleared :)

Richard

Stuart

PS

Enough to let you buy another boat on a far canal. ;)