British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

brg5658

Let's See Your Copper Coins, Tokens, Or Medals!

A couple of Condor tokens I got yesterday. Think I got them for a good price but have no idea of value

17390458_10155006281781877_5389422882034221536_o.jpg

17389087_10155006281416877_3895467487534252849_o.jpg

17358638_10155006281816877_6008762457270617725_o.jpg

• Like 1

If you look on Mark rassmusen site Brian he has quiet a few .

The middle one he has for sale ,was coincidence as was only looking an hour ago.

Pete.

• Like 1

Thanks Pete. Just checked that out. Definitely the same Farthing in what I would say was the same comparable condition. Cheers Brian

Only just realised why you bought the last one .....HARRISON :D

Edited by PWA 1967
  • Like 1

One I missed from the other day. Another Condor Farthing.

17434584_10155009720171877_7171835528108636725_o.jpg

2 hours ago, bhx7 said:

There are better examples about. Bee;) patient and don't get stung. I could go on about honey coins but I would get a swarm of complaints.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peter said:

There are better examples about. Bee;) patient and don't get stung. I could go on about honey coins but I would get a swarm of complaints.

The 4 tokens above cost less than £13 in total.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bhx7 said:

The 4 tokens above cost less than £13 in total.

I reckon it's fair to say you didn't overpay. :D

• Like 1

I have been bored daft and looking at these tokens and websites about them today.

I did not realise there are so many that cover about everything you can think of , some really well struck and nice for the age of them.

Has anyone got or seen any Manchester related ?.

11 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

I have been bored daft and looking at these tokens and websites about them today.

I did not realise there are so many that cover about everything you can think of , some really well struck and nice for the age of them.

I have a Lancashire one, closest I have

5 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

I have a pile of shite...waiting for the the rabbits to take interest and dabble before the scousers.

Look at yourself Pete....COINS MAN.

I have a few in the trays. Manchester, Macclesfield (3), Stockport and Rochdale together with a couple of local co-op tokens.

• Like 1

There are plenty of Manchester tokens, best known is the Manchester Porter. Poor bugger carrying a big load on his back.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bagerap said:

There are plenty of Manchester tokens, best known is the Manchester Porter. Poor bugger carrying a big load on his back.

Is it Pete taking his pennies to the bank? :D

Manchester porter.jpg

Edited by mrbadexample
  • Like 2

I suspect these are easiest to sell at fairs within the area named on the tokens. I sell Yorkshire ones ok at Wakefield, but little else. I see no demand for the East Anglian ones at either Wakefield or the Midland. They obviously appeal to a wider audience than regular currency. e.g. Pit tokens do well in Yorkshire.

Edited by Rob

3 hours ago, mrbadexample said:

Is it Pete taking his pennies to the bank? :D

Manchester porter.jpg

:o :rolleyes:

!791 Hull William III Conder Token, newbie  1791_hp_hull_01_01_2400.jpg

• Like 1

Paulus - do you know why it has William III on it, as opposed to George III?  The date on the obverse(?) appears to say 1689, which fits with William III, clearly.  Seems odd that the denizens of Hull would be so brazen with their tokens?  

On 16 April 2017 at 3:51 PM, Stuntman said:

Paulus - do you know why it has William III on it, as opposed to George III?  The date on the obverse(?) appears to say 1689, which fits with William III, clearly.  Seems odd that the denizens of Hull would be so brazen with their tokens?  

Hull has a very fine equestrian statue of William III (as depicted), and was one of the first cities to declare for him during the 'Glorious Revolution'. In that sense it's both a trade token and a commemorative - the date relates to when it was struck for use.

On 21 March 2017 at 10:52 AM, bhx7 said:

INDUSTRY HAS IT'S SURE REWARD

Either a forgery or else the grammatically confused existed as much in the 18C as now. :lol:

Cheers Peckris.  And where was the Bristol Apostrophiser when they needed him in the 18th Century?  ;)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Stuntman said:

Cheers Peckris.  And where was the Bristol Apostrophiser when they needed him in the 18th Century?  ;)

Not in Birmingham either, apparently.

Birmingham halfpenny (3).jpg

• Like 1

I've absolutely no idea Pete. :D

On 18 April 2017 at 10:49 AM, PWA 1967 said:

Whats the hedgehog thing all about Jon ?.

Whoever designed that was a well known clairvoyant, and knew that one day in the future Birmingham would be the centre of British car production. Hence the 2D hedgehogs...

• Like 1