British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

brg5658

Let's See Your Copper Coins, Tokens, Or Medals!

Pretty North Wales Halfpenny Conder token, new this week

45831356_2330042580357178_2866511162474758144_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=82f5edaad6740eebd97dfd5dfa23e10f&oe=5C82EE58

• Like 2

Middlesex Halfpenny Conder token D&H 319c, a little off-centre but nice toucan! Circa 1790s.

Obverse reads "TO . THE . CURIOUS . OBSERVERS . OF . NATURAL . PHENOMENA."

ud_hp_middlesex_halls_toucan-_dh_319c_ref_01666_01_2400.jpg

Edited by Paulus
  • Like 4

New this week, 1790 Scotland Lothian Edinburgh Halfpenny Conder Token, D&H 23

1790_hp_lothian_edinburgh_dh_23_ref_01752_01_sellers_druids_revenge_1300.jpg

• Like 3

The first of this week's newbies (farthing)

1796_fa_somerset_bath_lambe_dh_113_01_ref_01760_sellers_druids_revenge_03_2400.jpg

Edited by Paulus
  • Like 4

My latest unofficial farthing, holed but pleased to have it (w7010)

IMGP4131 (2).JPG

……..and the reverse

IMGP4132 (2).JPG

Eccleston Halfpenny. Possibly the first Soho product to use the thick raised rim.

c2108 - 1794 Eccleston Lancaster Halfpenny.jpg

• Like 3

A penny by H Young, Coin Dealer. An early strike before a piece broke off the die, obliterating the date.

c2109 - 1794 H Young Coin Dealer 1d token.jpg

• Like 3

Decentius centionalis, struck at Amiens circa 351-353

c1891 Decentius Centenionalis.JPG

• Like 3

Archbishop Wigmund styca with the moneyer Coenred. Pirie dies 393/416

c1954 Abp Wigmund styca.jpg

• Like 2

Lovely Rob, My gunmoney halfcrown example happens to be May 1690 also

1690_hc_gun_money_01_ref_01500_01_2400.jpg

Nice coin only £20 off the bay bargain of the century after my Gs over G farthing of course

1845fart.jpg

Edited by copper123
  • Like 4

Can anyone help with more information on this coin please? I do not own the coin; it is a picture I put into my reference notes many years ago when I bought a YORK Clifford's Tower + Minster 1795 Half Penny, but I don't think I have ever seen another York Minster one paired with QUEENS BAYS Cavalry...………….. so think it must be a rare piece.

Not my area of expertise, but think I may now want to collect the YORK (my home town) Tokens as a bit of a side-line to Victoria Pennies, so if anyone can help improve my knowledge of those pieces that would be much appreciated. 

0984-1a[1].jpg

0984-1b[1].jpg

16 minutes ago, alfnail said:

Can anyone help with more information on this coin please? I do not own the coin; it is a picture I put into my reference notes many years ago when I bought a YORK Clifford's Tower + Minster 1795 Half Penny, but I don't think I have ever seen another York Minster one paired with QUEENS BAYS Cavalry...………….. so think it must be a rare piece.

Not my area of expertise, but think I may now want to collect the YORK (my home town) Tokens as a bit of a side-line to Victoria Pennies, so if anyone can help improve my knowledge of those pieces that would be much appreciated. 

0984-1a[1].jpg

0984-1b[1].jpg

This is D&H Yorkshire 64, or 64a if it has a plain edge. Regarded by D&H as very rare (64a) or scarce (64)

dh-yorkshire-63-65.png?w=645

Edited by Paulus

Recent addition, this is a Gosport (Hampshire) halfpenny Conder token

1794_hp_hampshire_gosport_dh_41_ref_01668_sellers_druids_revenge_01_1600.jpg

• Like 3

Tokens like that have a duel following as they are  great pictures of sailing ships from the 18th cent , they will alays be popular the liverpool halfpenny is a great coin as well

3 minutes ago, copper123 said:

Tokens like that have a duel following as they are  great pictures of sailing ships from the 18th cent , they will alays be popular the liverpool halfpenny is a great coin as well

Yes I have loads with ships on, here's my Liverpool example (there are many many varieties of this one!) 

1794_hp_lancashire_liverpool_clarke_dh_108d_ref_01720_sellers_druids_revenge_02.jpg

• Like 2