British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Paulus

Removing The Dreaded Verd

A poster (BenByfield) on Coin Community is recommending the use of 'BadThad's Verdicare', stating that "it removes verdegris and dirt and leaves a protective layer and it actually works".

Anyone had any experience with this product?

The only problem I've had with removing verdegris is that the surface underneath is usually damaged. I just try and keep away from them now.

I've been watching this for some time.

Previously only available in the US.

Looks like a 60mm bottle is approx £25 delivered.

A poster (BenByfield) on Coin Community is recommending the use of 'BadThad's Verdicare', stating that "it removes verdegris and dirt and leaves a protective layer and it actually works".

Anyone had any experience with this product?

I bought a bottle of it to try on some coins, but it didn't do what they advertised. I was unhappy with the results!

Part of the pricing problem is that Verdicare & Verdigone are classed as Restricted Articles for shipment by air. Which means that it has to to be packaged and labelled as Hazardous Goods. Ri-Arts as they are known have to fly on their own individual Air Way Bill, which means the shipper is paying full IATA rates, no discounts apply.

Having said all that, I did buy some Verdigone on a visit to the US but was not totally happy with the results.

In view of what Bob and bagerap have said, I won't be buying this product.