British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Geordie582

Is There Somethind They Didn't Teach In History?

That's ok. A while back there was an Ethelred XII coin cunningly disguised as a Chas.1 shilling. :wacko:

LOL I hope you didn't 6 peed yourself. :)

Ah ! Fun over. It has been withdrawn :mellow:

He relisted it as a James I coin, already up to 5.50. Dang I would have bought it at 99p for chits and giggles.

When or if Prince Charles becomes the monarch he will be a III - which reminds me of the Carolus III coins from Spain that were overstamped with George III's portrait during Napoleonic times - "The head of a fool on the head of an ass"

He relisted it as a James I coin, already up to 5.50. Dang I would have bought it at 99p for chits and giggles.

When or if Prince Charles becomes the monarch he will be a III - which reminds me of the Carolus III coins from Spain that were overstamped with George III's portrait during Napoleonic times - "The head of a fool on the head of an ass"

I'm just reading about (the real) Richard III. Apparently the Tudor usurpers got some rhyme going about "A Cat and a Rat ruled over by a Hog"!

Always assuming he chooses to reign a a Charles.

Knowing him he might well wanna be Henry IX - he thinks VIII got a bad rap.

George VI was really an Albert wasn't he? Edward VII certainly was.

As for Charlie-boy, he's got another 4 wives to go yet, before he can call himself another Henry..

As for Charlie-boy, he's got another 4 wives to go yet, before he can call himself another Henry..

Somewhere in there I want to assail Camilla - but I think it more appropriate to skip the generation and be thankful that Duchess Kate is far more attractive - literally and figuratively.

I read in a article, one time, that Prince Charles would be a King George when he began his reign.

Recently watchers a programme presented by Tony Robinson that stated that Edward IV was actually illigitimate which in turn means that every Monarch after him should not have been on the throne

The constipation makes my eyes water. ;)

I think a lot of the royals over the centuries would be prime for Jeremy Kyle and his DNA tests.

They are also on benefits but just lack the tattoo's and piercings although Prince Albert did his bit. :)

The whole things a bit of a farce really. Even if we don't mention the current German imposters, the Normans only took the throne because they were better at fighting.

The whole things a bit of a farce really. Even if we don't mention the current German imposters, the Normans only took the throne because they were better at fighting.

Oh, I say! That's bloody well just not cricket! Typical Johnny Foreigner! Thank God we never won anything because we were better at fighting!

:lol:

Edited by TomGoodheart

Recently watchers a programme presented by Tony Robinson that stated that Edward IV was actually illigitimate which in turn means that every Monarch after him should not have been on the throne

Without checking online, and probably making a fool of myself, didn't Edward IV's line not get very far on the throne (with his brother Richard III blamed for killing his sons).

Maybe it was Edward III in the program ?

cheers

Garrett.

Err, weren't the Saxons German too? .... and those bloody Scandanavians like Cnut... where are the descendents of Arthur Pendragon? :D

Without checking online, and probably making a fool of myself, didn't Edward IV's line not get very far on the throne (with his brother Richard III blamed for killing his sons).

Maybe it was Edward III in the program ?

cheers

Garrett.

Actually, the royal line gets interrupted a fairly regular intervals :

William the Conqueror; bugsy's turn during the Wars of the Roses; Henry VII (a very dubious claim); James I; William III; George I; though it's been fairly secure since then. But the Royal claim to trace their line back to Alfred is just laughable.

The whole Richard III killing the Princes thing was a total posthumous frame-up anyway. 1) The Princes were LIVING in the Tower (a royal residence), not prisoners; 2) they were then declared illegitimate as Edward IV's marriage to Elizabeth Woodville was arguably not a legal marriage; 3) Richard didn't try to dispose of the many other offspring ahead of him in the line of succession, e.g. all of Edward's daughters, and his older brother George's children (it was actually Henrys VII and VIII who saw to that); 4) Henry VII passed an Act of Attainder against Richard accusing him of treason and all manner of barbarous acts, though strangely it doesn't even mention the two Princes; 5) Margaret Beaufort, Henry's mum, had far more reason to see off the two boys than Richard, who had been voted king by Parliament; 6) the rumours didn't start until after Richard's death, and no-one actually knows what happened to the Princes... and so the list goes on.

Well his son was called charles so it was fairly close

the programme link

thanks mate !

I'll watch that when I am back in Brissie (in Melbourne playing chess right now) and not on prepaid mobile broadband (cost a fortune to watch a video of that length).

Cheers

Garrett.

thanks mate !

I'll watch that when I am back in Brissie (in Melbourne playing chess right now) and not on prepaid mobile broadband (cost a fortune to watch a video of that length).

Cheers

Garrett.

Not wanting to spoil the punchline, but the apparent true heir to the throne is much closer to you than to me ;)