British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

This topic is mainly about whether toning adds to the eye appeal and/or value of any of the coins depicted here, which will inevitably be subjective! I am going to post a few pics of my favourite toned coins, and all comments are welcome as far as NT/AT, eye appeal, grade, authenticity etc!!

My avatar coin first:

1902_Sixpence_600_zps094f8ff9.png

Another toned E7:

1906_SH_600_zpsf0bc557a.png

I want to see other members' NT examples, I love them all! I have more examples to post, but I will wait to see if there is interest from other Forum members for this topic :)

Edited by Paulus

I suspect there are members like Rob and Nick who could post very impressive examples! And Peter's collection must be impressive but I have yet to see any of it! Come on everyone, toned coins with pics please! ... and Neil of course, what is your most attractive toned coin you have for sale in your opinion?

Edited by Paulus

Because I DO like a bit of NT (assuming that is what it is!)

Another then for comments and debate!

1834_HC_CGS_zps4545473f.png

Edited by Paulus

best i can do from my collection as it stands now :D

post-7823-0-79236300-1382406060_thumb.jp

This topic is mainly about whether toning adds to the eye appeal and/or value of any of the coins depicted here, which will inevitably be subjective! I am going to post a few pics of my favourite toned coins, and all comments are welcome as far as NT/AT, eye appeal, grade, authenticity etc!!

My avatar coin first:

1902_Sixpence_600_zps094f8ff9.png

Another toned E7:

1906_SH_600_zpsf0bc557a.png

I want to see other members' NT examples, I love them all! I have more examples to post, but I will wait to see if there is interest from other Forum members for this topic :)

I am loving that shilling!

It's a bit similar to Paulus' offering, but most of my best NT coins are scans, and as you know, scans do for toning what Cameron does for the welfare state...

post-4737-0-21178700-1382433354_thumb.jppost-4737-0-83892900-1382433389_thumb.jp

Next up; a nice peripheral toning sixpence.

If you like shillings, here's another.

c1210-1894shillingTSBrock_zps38463486.jp

And something more "interesting" or questionable depending on your point of view:

1911 proof halfcrown :

post-4737-0-22191900-1382434994_thumb.jppost-4737-0-59259800-1382435021_thumb.jp

86jt.jpg

Fantastic obverse on that 1838 sixpence Jaggy!

My effort

1866SixpenceREV.jpg

1866SixpenceOBV.jpg

And a Florin

T2eC16hHJHwE9n8ikMDPBRZVYbYzQ60_12.jpg

T2eC16ZHJH8E9qSEWy20BRZVYnzSg60_12.jpg

Here is another one that is quite nice:

nkwf.jpg
8e4i.jpg

And something more "interesting" or questionable depending on your point of view:

I rather like this one :)

I rather like this one :)

Me too!