British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dave Wade

Bank notes

Guest Dave Wade

I know they are not coins, but could anyone tell me the approximate sizes of a £5, £1 and 10s notes.

I am building a 12th scale model shop set in the 1930's. I've found pictures of the notes but not the size.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

According to the book I publish 'Collectors Banknotes 2004' (http://www.rotographic.co.uk) the 10s was 138-140mm x 78mm. The £1 was 151 x 85mm and the £5 was 212 x 135mm.

It is illegal to make reproduction notes of any age or size and even to do so in miniature form would require written permission from the bank of England and the printing of the word 'SPECIMEN' twice on each side!

I know that because I have to apply for permission with the printing of each annual eddition of the above mentioned book.