British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

ski

Decimal Coins And The New 50P

anyone see the "one show" item about christopher Ironside and his decimal coin designs and the new 50p.

was an interesting item

ski

anyone see the "one show" item about christopher Ironside and his decimal coin designs and the new 50p.

was an interesting item

ski

Damn, no I missed it. I don't watch The One Show usually - don't suppose it's on YouTube is it?

Wait one goldarn cotton-pickin' moment - there's always the BBC iPlayer! Was it early, mid- or late in the half hour?

(I just lost the will to live trawling through the iPlayer 1 minute at a time, stuff on autism, Lord Rodgers architect, Romeo & Juliet, and basking sharks, but NOTHING on the 50p, unless it lasted for well under 1 minute :( )

Edited by Peckris

Peckris you might be looking at today's one show, whereas this was created before today's one show. Therefore we can maybe assume that it was yesterday's one show, not sure if you thought of this, just trying to help :)

and if you go to 11mins 15 secs that is where it is :D

Thanks for that! A truly fascinating piece, and stuff there I didn't know about the original designs for the decimal coins. (The second part of the piece is at 25:20 for those who want to save searching through).

thanks for the link and the timings, i watched it again and enjoyed it as much as when on the live show.

Your idea is outstanding the issue is one thing that not enough persons are speaking intelligently about. I am very completely satisfied that.

Your idea is outstanding the issue is one thing that not enough persons are speaking intelligently about. I am very completely satisfied that.

absolutely sand where you thrown out black, in something infinity. I am as you say. not that is, not there in something. up the down sea.

what? :blink:

absolutely sand where you thrown out black, in something infinity. I am as you say. not that is, not there in something. up the down sea.

Declan's reply is comprehensible. Would the other two please elucidate for those of us who don't do random word analysis. Ta.

:lol:

was an interesting item

ski

It was a fascinating item. Moreover, for those who have it, there is a great article on the subject in the 2014 coin yearbook at page 17. Gorgeous design for the 50p reverse, which in my opinion would have been better than the one they did use.

Faraway is close at hand in images of elsewhere......

was an interesting item

ski

It was a fascinating item. Moreover, for those who have it, there is a great article on the subject in the 2014 coin yearbook at page 17. Gorgeous design for the 50p reverse, which in my opinion would have been better than the one they did use.

It was - I'm glad we got the link. Thanks ski. And for once, we get a decent 50p design in place of recent commem abominations.

Faraway is close at hand in images of elsewhere......

:lol:

if the monty python reunion needs any new material.....................

................they just need to visit here

:D

Ski