British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
mklood

Wivend - Anybody Heard Of The Site?

Hi all,

I'm putting this request in a few forums as I wondered if anyone had any experience with WiVend? It's an online auction site - supposedly catering for antiques, collectables and coins?

No listing fees, but 10% of every sale goes to WiVend.

Anyone heard of it/used it at all?

Just want to know if anyone has bought/sold anything as I don't know how many users are on the site currently?

Link below...

Thanks in advance!

Hmmmm! Why does this sound like a plug? My sincere apologies if it's not!

I haven't clicked on the link, so I'm not 100% sure, but it sounds to me to be very much like a number of auction sites that are springing up to emulate eBay!

Good luck if you use it, I'd be very interested to hear of your experiences if you do? You have to remember however that the exposure you will receive on such a site, even though targeted, will be a drop in the ocean of that that you will receive on eBay! :)

I've seen it, watched several auctions and though I'd won one only to find it relisted minutes later as the seller had a reserve but you can't see that it has a reserve on. As for the coins section, maybe about 3 pages so about 30 coins which you probably won't win because of the reserve.

In short, it's pretty pointless bidding because the seller won't answer how much the reserve and there is'nt enough people bidding to hit the reserve.

Edited by azda

OK thanks Azda. Do you not think it's worth putting coins up/bidding then?

It's absolutely pointless. As I explained. Most of the coins have a reserve but there is'nt enough people bidding to hit the reserve. When I emailed the seller of one coin 2 months ago, we'll lets just say I'm STILL awaiting his reply

OK thanks Azda. Do you not think it's worth putting coins up/bidding then?

It's absolutely pointless. As I explained. Most of the coins have a reserve but there is'nt enough people bidding to hit the reserve. When I emailed the seller of one coin 2 months ago, we'll lets just say I'm STILL awaiting his reply

That of course is why E-Bay have a monopoly. It is virtually impossible to set an online auction site going without an existing customer base in the hundreds of millions. No sane seller would put any coin on a new site without a realistic reserve. On the other hand with E-Bay I could put an Edward VIII proof set on there for £0.99 and be reasonably confident of getting somewhere near the market price. I wish it weren't so but there it is, and I don't see the situation changing any time soon. To be honest though this site doesn't help itself by charging almost as much as E-Bay without being able to offer anything like the footfall or whatever the online equivalent is.

To be honest though this site doesn't help itself by charging almost as much as E-Bay without being able to offer anything like the footfall or whatever the online equivalent is.

Precisely. The various adverts and paragraphs that say 'No Listing Fee' and 'No Sale, No Fee' do not instill much confidence when one takes into consideration that eBay's listing fees are minimal when compared to their Final Value Fee. I also find the 'No Sale, No Fee' to sound like an Injury Lawyers 4 You campaign...