British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Coinery

Getting To The Point?

Is there any way I can filter things so I'm directed automatically to the NEW posts on a long-running thread, when using the PC? My phone always goes appropriately to the last page/post!

On the PC, if I click on 'view new content' I get taken to a page with say 'coin acqu.' 'ebay laughs' etc. Now, when I click on one of those, I get very nicely directed to the beginning of the thread which, in the case of 'coin acquisition,' is a long way away from where I want to be!

Any ideas?

Mmmm .. when I view 'new content', threads that go beyond one page all have little boxes below with the page numbers. I click on the last one, which admittedly takes me to the top of that page. But better than 252 pages away!

post-129-0-50480200-1380233622_thumb.jpg

Alternatively (and I've not tried this) try Content I've Not Read in the pick box to the left of the main thread listings maybe?

I think with the old format it was possible to display threads either to start with the first or alternatively, most recent, post. But I can't see a way to do that now ...

Sorry. :(

Is there any way I can filter things so I'm directed automatically to the NEW posts on a long-running thread, when using the PC? My phone always goes appropriately to the last page/post!

On the PC, if I click on 'view new content' I get taken to a page with say 'coin acqu.' 'ebay laughs' etc. Now, when I click on one of those, I get very nicely directed to the beginning of the thread which, in the case of 'coin acquisition,' is a long way away from where I want to be!

Any ideas?

Easy. When you go to the forum click on the Circle or Star to the left of the topic title. That'll take you the first unread post. :)

Thanks, TG, will take a look! I do get the page numbers, and last page option...was just trying to save a few clicks and a bit 'O' scrolling! :)

Any ideas?

Easy. When you go to the forum click on the Circle or Star to the left of the topic title. That'll take you the first unread post. :)

Excellent! Many thanks! :D

I just click on the time from last post on the far right, it takes you to the last post.

I miss the go to page feature used on the previous software. Then, I could return to a ballpark page number for something I was searching for and easily find it. Much easier than searching given the minimum letter count is 4. Lis is difficult to find amongst other things.

I click on the first unread forum (dark blue folder, & usually 'Discussions...') and it takes me straight to the most recent unread post in whichever topic that is. So far, so like the old software.

BUT ... a great improvement on the last software, is that when you get to the end of the unread posts in that topic, it says "Next unread topic" at the bottom, which takes you to the first unread post in the next most recent topic.

When there's no more unread posts, it will just say "Back to {forum name}". Then you just go up one level to the list of forums, scroll down to the next one with a dark folder, and repeat as above. Simples!

I just click on the time from last post on the far right, it takes you to the last post.

Poor old Stuart was just getting the Reveille.

On with the socks and hands off......... B)