British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Gary1000

Not Quite Coins But What Do You Make Of This

Interesting! seems a sensible option

I do wonder how long we will be using any notes and coins

Does the future of numismatics lie in collecting credit and debit cards.?

I would think early ones are pretty scarce as we all are encouraged to destroy them once they have expired

You can imagine the auction catalogue descriptors:

"Extremely rare security code number 426, paired with the 01/12 expiry date, belonging to the rumoured mistress of Rod Stewart, Maggie Long-legs! It comes with an original bank statement, showing the famous 4 million purchase of the fake Picasso, which allegedly brought Rod to his knees, singing Wake Up Maggie, I Think I've Got Something to Say to You!" Est. £5000-£6000

You can imagine the auction catalogue descriptors:

"Extremely rare security code number 426, paired with the 01/12 expiry date, belonging to the rumoured mistress of Rod Stewart, Maggie Long-legs! It comes with an original bank statement, showing the famous 4 million purchase of the fake Picasso, which allegedly brought Rod to his knees, singing Wake Up Maggie, I Think I've Got Something to Say to You!" Est. £5000-£6000

:D

Interesting, I think plastic might be a decent substitute for paper. But could we please reverse the trend of making money ugly? Since the 1930s there seems to be a steady downwards trend in the artistic quality of banknotes, for example here in the US in my (short!) lifetime, the $100 bill went from:

2163C-001.jpg

Now they look like:

100_dollar_bill+front+and+back.jpg

And in a couple of months the artistic quality will decline further and we'll be forced to use this abomination:

http://img.indyposted.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/New-100-Bill-Front-and-Back.jpg

Every bill from $5 and up has gotten the ugly treatment :(

...although I do try to request the older bills at the bank :P

I've long paid for everything with plastic :P