British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

anyone come across the problem yet when you are wanting to sell on a coin but the wife wont let you because she likes it too much?

just came across this problem when i tried to sell on a Scottish hammered not really sure how to feel about this :P

mixed emotions between being lucky she is showing interest and unlucky i cant free up the value in the coin?

I too have suffered your problem. Mine variously tells me to go out and buy some more, but soon after is telling me to sell some. When I suggest things to sell, I'm told it isn't the right ones and when I'm told to buy a coin I've targeted, I'm told I spend too much on coins, even if it is a bargain. Confused? I am. I think the answer is to work a bit harder and with surplus funds in abundance the problems would go away.

Just remember - you will never win! :wacko:

A few months ago I 'revalued' my coins (at retail) mainly for insurance purposes. My wife was sufficiently impressed by the gain in value (on paper of course) that she seems pretty content with this relatively expensive holiday.

My other half's only interest in coins lies with spending them!!

Dave, I think I married your wife's sister...my wife is the same! LOL

My other half's only interest in coins lies with spending them!!

Dave, I think I married your wife's sister...my wife is the same! LOL

I don't suppose she's one of triplets

my wifes an accountant, so shes known for counting them.

she does sometimes ask "how much is this one worth", so i may tell her.

she does sometimes then ask " how much did you buy it for"

Amnesia is a terrible thing....................

My wife takes the same interest in my coins as I do in her countless pairs of shoes. I tell her that my coins can be a good investment.. She responds with "my shoes are an investment too- in my happiness. Ok. "