British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
copper123

Good Fine Mule £875 Any Takers?

I see the mule farthing has decreased in price , at this rate it should fetch the £150 or so it is worth by the time christmas comes along

The 1902 proof set he is selling also looks to have been cleaned. Quite a number of diagonal surface lines on some of the coins. Currently at more than £1200, somebody is in for a shock.

Who would clean a proof set ?

there were some right numpties around in the past wern't there !

Country cottage interiors ?- more Like cunrtycottagecleanedcoins

Edited by copper123

It's my understanding that the mint workers were very helpful in giving the 1902 proof set a good wipe before they left the mint. I don't know how true this is but I have seen a few 1902 proofs with parallel lines.

I have seen more than even quite a few with"Late Mint Stage Preparation Damage"...Most have these stigmata.

I see a much superior mule farthing has appeared for sale on ebay at the same price as the platt coin .Strange thing is even though it is considerably nicer it has less than six watchers and the platt coin had around 24 at the last time i looked.

How can this be the guy has no reputation at all, except for selling overpriced, cleaned rubbish.

You coin collectors are a strange lot.

Or maybe it is being watched by you lot on here looking for shilliing evidence

It's my understanding that the mint workers were very helpful in giving the 1902 proof set a good wipe before they left the mint. I don't know how true this is but I have seen a few 1902 proofs with parallel lines.

I've read that too - apparently they didn't care for the idea of matte proofs.

Mine went for £200 at the last LCN sale...similar grade but with a small edge knock....well, more of a flick than a knock really... and they arent that rare in the lower grades....

That's a good price it would not have fetched £100 eight or so years ago