British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
azda

Looking For A Proof Morgan Dollar Price

As Peter says, you can get a good haggis from a butcher, it is an aquired Taste though. Oh and when you Head to England, make sure you spit as you cross the border, its a custom we Scots tend to do after being oppressed for 300 Odd years, thank god at least you colonials kicked their arse. Touche Peter :)

You are also just going to Miss the best time in Edinburgh, the fringe festival that Runs for the whole of August along with the Edinburgh tattoo in the Castle, its something that should be visited if in Scotland during August, pity you're going to Miss that Bob

Edited by azda

Just a curious question Bob. During the die study did anything turn up that wouöd be rare/extremely rare etc. As far as i can see most of this is down to slight movements and nothing more. How do they conclude from the millions of Morgans that were minted that a certain coin or year is rare?

As i previously said, i assume American Dealers are Nw. Using/quoting VAM to increase their prices, have you noticed this?

You are correct with your assumptions, most of the VAM's are blob's die cracks, and minor stuff...all of which are not listed in the Redbook. The real varieties...0 over CC, 7 over 6, Dbl Die, 80 over 79, etc have separate listing and pricing in the Redbook. Some dealers do expect more for a coin, with a VAM number, but I am not one of those people. I would not pay a premium for a VAM coin!

BTW...I am going to be in my Father's Family homeland (Scotland) in late September. Going to Glasgow, Laggan, Airth/Falkirk, and Edinburgh (also England and Wales). BTW...what is haggis? Is it any good? Ha,Ha! We are going to have a dinner in Edinburgh that has haggis on the menu! We are on a Trafalger tour.

Haggis is a once a year meal for me at most and I wouldn't bother having it in a restaurant.Good butchers make their own and it's easy to cook.

Haggis is all the scraps (heart etc and pearl barley)When put this into an intestine it comes alive.!!!!

Their are some special ones that live on heather.You just have to pluck them and snip off the wings.

Try battered mars bars or pizza and blacken your teeth so you fit in. B)

WOW! Peter, that sounds yummy!... NOT! Ha,Ha! BTW...why snip the wings??? over the pond, wings are a treat!

As Peter says, you can get a good haggis from a butcher, it is an aquired Taste though. Oh and when you Head to England, make sure you spit as you cross the border, its a custom we Scots tend to do after being oppressed for 300 Odd years, thank god at least you colonials kicked their arse. Touche Peter :)

You are also just going to Miss the best time in Edinburgh, the fringe festival that Runs for the whole of August along with the Edinburgh tattoo in the Castle, its something that should be visited if in Scotland during August, pity you're going to Miss that Bob

Azda,

I'm sorry I am going to miss that also. As for making the English mad at me...I have to watch who I make mad, as my Mother's family is from Blackburn, England, so I have to kind-of ride the wall, if you know what I mean! Ha,Ha!

I read somewhere about the 'Offal truth' about Haggis (sorry about the pun) and it being banned in the US. Traditionally it contains sheep's lung and thus has been banned in the US since 1971.

Edited by Nick

I read somewhere about the 'Offal truth' about Haggis (sorry about the pun) and it being banned in the US. Traditionally it contains sheep's lung and thus has been banned in the US since 1971.

Nick, I didn't think anything was bad enough to be banned in the USA! Some rural people here eat "Mountain Oyster's" (pork or beef "Nuts")...and if they aren't banned, I wouldn't think Haggis would be either! Ha,Ha!

Azda,

I'm sorry I am going to miss that also. As for making the English mad at me...I have to watch who I make mad, as my Mother's family is from Blackburn, England, so I have to kind-of ride the wall, if you know what I mean! Ha,Ha!

Lol, you don't want to visit Blackburn Bob, i used to live 20 Miles away from there, its like a smaller Pakistan, in fact that whole area is like little Pakistan. The local Football Club is owned by chicken farmers, they come from, you guessed it, Pakistan lol

They're just trying to scare you Bob lol.

Just a curious question Bob. During the die study did anything turn up that wouöd be rare/extremely rare etc. As far as i can see most of this is down to slight movements and nothing more. How do they conclude from the millions of Morgans that were minted that a certain coin or year is rare?

As i previously said, i assume American Dealers are Nw. Using/quoting VAM to increase their prices, have you noticed this?

You are correct with your assumptions, most of the VAM's are blob's die cracks, and minor stuff...all of which are not listed in the Redbook. The real varieties...0 over CC, 7 over 6, Dbl Die, 80 over 79, etc have separate listing and pricing in the Redbook. Some dealers do expect more for a coin, with a VAM number, but I am not one of those people. I would not pay a premium for a VAM coin!

BTW...I am going to be in my Father's Family homeland (Scotland) in late September. Going to Glasgow, Laggan, Airth/Falkirk, and Edinburgh (also England and Wales). BTW...what is haggis? Is it any good? Ha,Ha! We are going to have a dinner in Edinburgh that has haggis on the menu! We are on a Trafalger tour.

Don't ask! Just to say that Mrs Beeton's recipe started something like "Take a sheep's stomach and place into boiling water with the long intestine hanging outside the pan".

No. Just no.

Edited by Peckris

The ones we made had lungs in them in the late 80's/early 90's!

They're just trying to scare you Bob lol.

I have to say, they are doing a pretty good job! I think I'll just have a Peanut Butter Sandwich! LOL!

With processed food you don't know what you get.

We have just had a scenario of horse being found in beef burgers (even the better brands) and yet in France horse is available everywhere.

At least with Haggis you know what you are buying.

A couple of slugs of Irish malt with Haggis,neeps and tatties whilst looking at my Edward 1 coins is a nice way to spend a cold January evening. :rolleyes:

30-15 Dave :)

We have just had a scenario of horse being found in beef burgers (even the better brands) and yet in France horse is available everywhere.

A couple of slugs of Irish malt with Haggis,neeps and tatties whilst looking at my Edward 1 coins is a nice way to spend a cold January evening. :rolleyes:

Okay, now I'm going to add some jelly to the Peanut Butter!.....The Irish Malts sounds interesting though!.....

Irish Malts in Scotland, i think not. We all know the best Malts are from Scotland. 40-30 Peter

Irish Malts in Scotland, i think not. We all know the best Malts are from Scotland. 40-30 Peter

Agreed! :)

That's the whole problem!