British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

:D

I've put a couple of bids in too, now!

And then there's the Mellor and Kirk tomorrow too. Legendary stuff in there. I might have to take the day off work tomorrow (it's raining anyway!), just so I can watch the E8 and the Una and the Lion Proof set go, so I can tell my grandchildren that I watched it. History in the making.

Yes, I'm just narrowing down my "cabinet", having managed to put about £150k's worth into it from the Chesser collection. Unless someone comes into my shop tonight and spends a fortune, I'll be narrowing it down to about £200 !

All good fun. Much more fun than eBay, I have to say.

That'll be a seat for two in the 3rd row then.

I'm hoping to be impoverished tomorrow, fingers crossed.

going by what lot 9 just went for i wont be getting a thing :P

Must admit I fancy the 1731 pattern halfcrown but doubt I will be anywhere near it!!!!

There is some very sore wallets today. Glad i'm scooping up elsewhere :P

And then there's the Mellor and Kirk tomorrow too. Legendary stuff in there. I might have to take the day off work tomorrow (it's raining anyway!), just so I can watch the E8 and the Una and the Lion Proof set go, so I can tell my grandchildren that I watched it. History in the making.

Declan

I'm surprised on you bidding.

For the life of me nothing spells "interest to Declan"

Unless that old fox Goodheart is trying to get you hooked on hammered.

My wallet has emerged unscathed so far. Wow. I wanted the Briot hammered halfcrown, but wasn't willing to pay nearly £5K. I thought 3 was pushing the boat out.

Well it's all going very slow, it taken 1 1/2 hours to get through the first 100 lots. My interest isn't until around lot 300, This chair is not too comfy, I think I,m growing an extra crack.

So frustrating is this sale that I have pushed people up much higher by going way over my maximum bids and what a surprise I haven't even been landed with anything even though I have been the underbidder!!!

Declan

I'm surprised on you bidding.

For the life of me nothing spells "interest to Declan"

Unless that old fox Goodheart is trying to get you hooked on hammered.

A good sprinkling between lots 200 and 300. Getting my newbie arse kicked so far, of course!

Just watched lot 189, the 1817 Three Graces pattern crown in silver estimated at £6000 to £8000 sell for £19000 -- thought the auctioneer mentioned that it went to someone bidding from Japan.

Edited by Coppers

The estimate was silly but not sure it is worth that!!! I bid 13000 and thought that was reasonable!!!! Need a complete re think!!

Just watched lot 189, the 1817 Three Graces pattern crown in silver estimated at £6000 to £8000 sell for £19000 -- thought the auctioneer mentioned that it went to someone bidding from Japan.

There was lots of bidding from Japan in the Mellors and Kirk as well.

Do you know what the E8 pattern and any of the proof sets brought?

Do you know what the E8 pattern and any of the proof sets brought?

the E8 went for £24k, and the highest of the proof sets was the 1839 Una and the Lion at £64k.

Made great telly.

Yes and the 1709 5 guineas 28000!!!! The Edward viii was actually a reasonable price

Hopefully people spend most of their money today and don't have anything left for tomorrow.

I was thinking that. I wonder if it is better to bid on lots towards the end of the list, when those who didn't keep their powder dry have left the fray?

Nice thinking but I know a lot of people who have had big money to spend today not even win a single lot!!! Still lets hope after the hype today, things will be missed tomorrow ;-)

Somehow I think it will actually be worse tomorrow than today -- and I'm an optimist.

You could be right, people will re think there strategy tonight and in a bid not to come away empty handed will pay over the odds!!

Wow, 1841 halfcrown at DNW went for 4400! Glad I have mine; the 1849 LD which I could obviously NOT see went 1450 (should have upgraded when I had the chance!). Tomorrow may be a blood bath as Coppers alludes....

You could be right, people will re think there strategy tonight and in a bid not to come away empty handed will pay over the odds!!

This is where I am glad to not be 'live' bidding. My bids are in. They are what they are. If I win then great. If not then I haven't overpaid. There will be other auctions and more desirable coins.

ive managed to get 1 out of 4 of the coins i wanted :)

tried to outdo the american bidder for lot 335 but only so much i can do with a student paycheck :P