British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

WilliamIII

New Member From Québec

Hi everyone!

My name is William and I am 15 years old. I am from Montréal, Québec, Canada. I collect British coin since 2011. My collection is based on Farthings, Halfpennies and Pennies, dated 1953 and before. I go throught William III and Charles II. I just finished to complete my "wish-list", the years and varieties that I am missing. I read in a book about a 1861 half penny where the word "Half" is written "halp" and this is how I found your forum, because I was surfing on the Net. My "Master-Piece" is a 1699 half penny, I will put it on profile picture later.

Have a nice day and I will be very happy to trade coins and ideas with you! :)

William

Welcome to the forum William. It's always good to find young people joining the ranks, particularly those that are interested enough to read about the background and learn their subject in greater depth which you must have done to get to this forum. You will find a lot of penny collectors on here, but fewer farthing and halfpenny collectors as the large coins are the most popular. Your end date is a little odd given the £sd coins were only issued for another 17 years - any reason other than being a contrarian?

Post your wish-list and you might find a few of them are available. Also people will give a heads up if they know what someone is looking for.

Welcome Will :)

When I start to collect, I had a "Uni-Safe" album with plastic holder, and I had to choose which years to put in, and the range 1858 to 1953 perfectly fit in (I didn't know that some years don't exist). Now my collection is in a binder, coins in stapled cartons. I looked for older coins, but I never wanted to look for recent years. Recents coins are not my favorite ones, so I decide to get one with Elizabeth II and stop there.

Once My list is written on computer, I will post it on a new subject on Sell/Trade Forum

Toodles! :)

Welcome aboard, W3, can hardly believe there are still young collectors out there (though we do have at least one other on here who drops in once in a while)!

Great stuff, look forward to some future images! :)

Hi William,

Welcome to the group! I am one of your Southern Neighbors in the USA! (Indianapolis, IN). If you like coins, you are going to love the Forum...it is a great resource!

Hi William and welcome!

A very warm welcome to you, William! :)

Welcome to the forum William, always good to see new collectors on here :)