British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Hi everyone,

Is 'go to first unread post' button on the top and go to next unread topic from the bottom gone?

Or is it just my browser?

Hi everyone,

Is 'go to first unread post' button on the top and go to next unread topic from the bottom gone?

Or is it just my browser?

I've never seen 'First unread post' even on the old forum. I'm not sure this particular forum software features it as a particular button. And 'Next unread topic' is still there - next to the forum name and 'Go' button near the bottom (but above the Reply box). That works a lot better than the old software's button which would take you to the next topic UP, which was a 'mare if you'd started with the latest post in the top topic.

So, click the 'Latest topic' button next to the forum name, which gets you the latest post since you last read it, then click 'Next unread topic', which takes you to the latest unread post in the next topic DOWN. It works so much better than the old system. When there's no 'Next unread topic' button anymore, you've read all the unread topics in that forum, and you can click back out to the main forum listings.

Edited by Peckris

Hi, i have 'go to first unread post' next to ''reply to this topic' on the top. In 'ebay laughs' topic. Maybe only in topics with multiple pages?

Havent got 'next unread topic' on the bottom thou.

Im using google chrome.

?

I suspect what you see may depend on what you have or have not done, with or without your knowledge or intent.

I am not aware that I have ever marked a forum as read, but only three give me the option of doing so. I can't see a first unread post or latest topic anywhere. Presumably it recognises what I have looked at in the past, but how I wouldn't like to speculate. As one of the three not marked as read is a week old since the last post and another has had a reply from me within the last week it all seems rather random. A little experiment clicking on the forum with the presumably 'unread' thread has resulted in it now being marked as read. Bizarrely, I had previously read the thread down to the last post, but this didn't mark it as read. This is probably a good reason for us all to have our various markers as to what needs to be read and what not.

Ironically, the one forum that doesn't seem to mark as read of its own accord is this one! Does this post exist? I can read it but is it just a figment of my imagination? Is this all a dream? Does this forum exist?

Edited by Rob

I suspect what you see may depend on what you have or have not done, with or without your knowledge or intent.

I am not aware that I have ever marked a forum as read, but only three give me the option of doing so. I can't see a first unread post or latest topic anywhere. Presumably it recognises what I have looked at in the past, but how I wouldn't like to speculate. As one of the three not marked as read is a week old since the last post and another has had a reply from me within the last week it all seems rather random. A little experiment clicking on the forum with the presumably 'unread' thread has resulted in it now being marked as read. Bizarrely, I had previously read the thread down to the last post, but this didn't mark it as read. This is probably a good reason for us all to have our various markers as to what needs to be read and what not.

Ironically, the one forum that doesn't seem to mark as read of its own accord is this one! Does this post exist? I can read it but is it just a figment of my imagination? Is this all a dream? Does this forum exist?

To the right, underneath your post Rob, was this :

Back to Forum technical help and support

If there were still unread posts in this forum's topics, it would show

Back to Enquiries about Non British coins · Next Unread Topic →

and it would continue to show that until I'd read all the topics since my last visit.

~~~~~

As for going to the first unread topic in any particular forum, I'd see this :

post-4737-0-15126200-1375375040_thumb.pn

and I'd click 'Sterling Copies Book' and go from there.

Edited by Peckris