British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Any of you get to York this weekend? I planned to but kidney stones kept me away :(

I just wondered if it was busy or not and if anyone found anything good? I bet it was hot in there.... B)

I usually go, but this year my daughter bought us a pair of tickets to the Proms on Friday night. What an excellent venue and concert. :)

Lucky man Rob.

My daughters haven't paid for my last few presents.They have learnt well from Mrs Peter. :rolleyes:

I have never been to the York Coin fair.I can't see it getting that busy with the test/golf going on plus the great weather.

Lucky man Rob.

My daughters haven't paid for my last few presents.They have learnt well from Mrs Peter. :rolleyes:

I have never been to the York Coin fair.I can't see it getting that busy with the test/golf going on plus the great weather.

[waves to all our Australian members :D ]

York was really busy on the Friday!!! Unfortunately there was no air conditioning and it was very hot!!! People were walking round absolutely dropping with sweat!! It was very uncomfortable!!!

Never get to the fairs around London,hopefully try for the midlands fair,is this one any good?

(testing image upload - ignore..)

post-4737-0-98089000-1374582419_thumb.jp

YAY. It works!

attachicon.gif3571_10151387762837353_2005992521_n.jpg

YAY. It works!

I pressed the "like" button on your post and got an error message - "You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day"

:unsure:

Edited by davidrj

attachicon.gif3571_10151387762837353_2005992521_n.jpg

YAY. It works!

I pressed the "like" button on your post and got an error message - "You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day"

:unsure:

Some things haven't changed!! :lol:

Never get to the fairs around London,hopefully try for the midlands fair,is this one any good?

Hi Benny

It is my favourite.

There are quarterly big fairs and the other months about 50 dealers.

Hi Benny

It is my favourite.

There are quarterly big fairs and the other months about 50 dealers.

Would probably try for the quarterly,even though with 50 dealers any month sounds good,the local fairs around here are antique with very few coins.Thanks Peter for the info.

I'll be at Wakefield on Sunday. Always about 40 dealers there (and Ms Cretin). Nice hotel just a minute off J39 M1. A quid to get in.

Nice hotel just a minute off J39 M1. A quid to get in.

not bad a price...do you get breakfast too?

Sure, full english included :rolleyes: ......but the hotel does a breakfast buffet if you're there early enough. They do coffee in the dealers room and the hotel bar does food, tea, coffee & booze but all at hotel prices of course.

Sure, full english included :rolleyes: ......but the hotel does a breakfast buffet if you're there early enough. They do coffee in the dealers room and the hotel bar does food, tea, coffee & booze but all at hotel prices of course.

Wouldn't mind going to both of these,if the dates where a bit closer together,definitely stay away from the beer.Last time I had a drink through an auction,it was beans on toast for a month,and the wife not talking to me.....come to think of it,that's not that bad,peace and quiet for a month,and a few inches from the waist.

what happened to the plan to get a few folk here to a brummie coin/beer fest?

was that not going to be around aug/sept?

I have a red card because of my senior daughter's 18th.....her twin 2 years younger(I can't tell the difference).

We can't wait to pack them away. :huh:

I still hope it will go ahead.

Use Laterooms.com

One deal we got was a family room at Ansty Mcdonalds.Full meals and breakfast. £99....they didn't even charge for our wine.

Mrs peter had to drag me out of bed and put a boot up my jacksie.

I think Coventry hotels are better value.

It was the Silverstone Classic weekend for me! Coins have to take a back seat when the sun shines :)