British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
TomGoodheart

Cross site scripting?

I'm getting a warning from Internet Explorer when I visit certain predecimal pages that it has modified them to prevent cross-site scripting.

I have no idea what that means! But if anyone does (and particularly if it's something to be worried about) please let us know!

Thanks!

Here you go Tom...

Cross-site scripting (XSS) is a type of computer security vulnerability typically found in Web applications. XSS enables attackers to inject client-side script into Web pages viewed by other users. A cross-site scripting vulnerability may be used by attackers to bypass access controls such as the same origin policy. Cross-site scripting carried out on websites accounted for roughly 84% of all security vulnerabilities documented by Symantec as of 2007.[1] Their effect may range from a petty nuisance to a significant security risk, depending on the sensitivity of the data handled by the vulnerable site and the nature of any security mitigation implemented by the site's owner.

Thanks Bob. I think Chris is away at present, but I'll send him a heads up anyway.

I think it's probably the old predecimal.com/british-coins.com confusion again! I don't know why as the latter shouldn't exist anywhere except as a redirect to predecimal.com. I've put in a request for Invision (the forum software people) to upgrade everything to the latest version. I'll also mention the problem with the missing old images and cross-site scripting.

Should be upgraded in about a week. Users may notice temporary changes in appearance. Actual down time should be minimal.

I think it's probably the old predecimal.com/british-coins.com confusion again! I don't know why as the latter shouldn't exist anywhere except as a redirect to predecimal.com. I've put in a request for Invision (the forum software people) to upgrade everything to the latest version. I'll also mention the problem with the missing old images and cross-site scripting.

Should be upgraded in about a week. Users may notice temporary changes in appearance. Actual down time should be minimal.

While you're on it Chris, can you sort out the "not being able to upload images" thing too? It's very frustrating, and I really DON'T want a Photobucket account with all the xtra hassle that involves!

Doing it! Tried to fix it myself to no avail. I now have my new wonderful local (to where I used to be) webhost looking into it!

Doing it! Tried to fix it myself to no avail. I now have my new wonderful local (to where I used to be) webhost looking into it!

Fingers crossed... :)