British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sooner or later one of these will pass through enough auction houses to give it provenance. And once it has an appearance of authenticity it's not going to be good for either the owners or the hobby, IMHO.

Nicholson_zps846f7693.jpg

Fnet_zps121e18a9.jpg

The problem is, what to do? I've written to the auctioneers in this case, but nobody can monitor all sales everywhere. Particularly mixed lots, which often have poor or no photos. And while such coins are never going to fetch big bucks, it's still a loss to someone, somewhere.

[/rant]

Edited by TomGoodheart

Sooner or later one of these will pass through enough auction houses to give it provenance. And once it has an appearance of authenticity it's not going to be good for either the owners or the hobby, IMHO.

Nicholson_zps846f7693.jpg

Fnet_zps121e18a9.jpg

The problem is, what to do? I've written to the auctioneers in this case, but nobody can monitor all sales everywhere. Particularly mixed lots, which often have poor or no photos. And while such coins are never going to fetch big bucks, it's still a loss to someone, somewhere.

[/rant]

[rant]

Bl00dy useless auction site - you can't see the reverse without being diverted to the egregious Photobucket site.

As for a grade of GVF, who are they trying to kid??

[/rant]

But it's clearly one of the forgeries you found, and I reckon you did the right thing, contacting the auctioneers. As for other sales, all we can do is sit here saying over and over : "Buyers Beware!!" and hope that people see us.

[/rant]

[rant]

Bl00dy useless auction site - you can't see the reverse without being diverted to the egregious Photobucket site.

[/rant]

But it's clearly one of the forgeries you found, and I reckon you did the right thing, contacting the auctioneers. As for other sales, all we can do is sit here saying over and over : "Buyers Beware!!" and hope that people see us.

Not quite right, Peck. The only reason you are directed to the PhotoBucket site, is because that is where TG hosted his screenshot. The original webpage is here and, in my opinion, saleroom.com is one of the best auction sites out there.

[rant]

[/rant]

Not quite right, Peck. The only reason you are directed to the PhotoBucket site, is because that is where TG hosted his screenshot. The original webpage is here and, in my opinion, saleroom.com is one of the best auction sites out there.

Bah. I think that's my fault guys. I must have somehow picked up an active link rather than an %7Boption%7D one from photobucket when I couldn't get the usual direct upload to work.

Sorry! That's not what I meant to happen ... obviously!

[rant]

[/rant]

Bah. I think that's my fault guys. I must have somehow picked up an active link rather than an %7Boption%7D one from photobucket when I couldn't get the usual direct upload to work.

Sorry! That's not what I meant to happen ... obviously!

I wish Chris would fix this. I feel marooned not being able to upload images :(