British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Danz

? DID I MISS SOMETHING ?

Why did this 1931 penny sell for close to £200. My link

The link is corrupted. Amended ebay link

And, I've no idea. Maybe because it's slabbed and Americans like that sort of thing. Though there are 3 others at that grade and 3 at MS66, so not really rare, is it?

Thanks for sorting the link. I just can't see it. Even though it's slabbed It can't be worth that much.

Jon Blyth again....keep a close eye...

Mmm .. consistent with the sorts of prices he has on his website I guess ....

I have absolutely no idea. But if you look at the bidding, it all went from £75 to what it finally went for in the last 10 seconds, so I'm guessing a few bidders got caught up in a frenzy. Or, it's not a penny, it's a "shilling", and will shortly reappear...

I have absolutely no idea. But if you look at the bidding, it all went from £75 to what it finally went for in the last 10 seconds, so I'm guessing a few bidders got caught up in a frenzy. Or, it's not a penny, it's a "shilling", and will shortly reappear...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

1373312055' post='87715']

You did'nt Miss anything. Mr Blyth is another Mr Platt on the same scale, IE, he likes to encourage bidding until it gets to a Point his greed is happy with

1373312055' post='87715']

You did'nt Miss anything. Mr Blyth is another Mr Platt on the same scale, IE, he likes to encourage bidding until it gets to a Point his greed is happy with

Ahhh. I will be staying well clear of his goods then. Cheers guys. :rolleyes: