British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

I don't suppose one of you could do me a favour and test the functionality of the coins/stuff sales. Perhaps with paypal and also with a credit card just to make sure both work?

You could use this as a test:

http://www.predecimal.com/1965-scottish-shilling-p-775.html

Very cheap, but of course I'll refund the money anyway!

Let me know in here first, because I don't really need more than one test per payment method.

Thanks.

I don't suppose one of you could do me a favour and test the functionality of the coins/stuff sales. Perhaps with paypal and also with a credit card just to make sure both work?

Let me know in here first, because I don't really need more than one test per payment method.

Thanks.

The paypal option went through no problem Chris. You can keep the money as a belated birthday pressie!!!!

The paypal option went through no problem Chris. You can keep the money as a belated birthday pressie!!!!

Oh, it all helps at the moment, believe me!

Just managed to get a tenant into the Gillingham house as of yesterday. It was only empty for 15 months.

Just managed to get a tenant into the Gillingham house as of yesterday. It was only empty for 15 months.

I know what you mean, trade is veeerrrryyyyy slllllooooowwwwww at the moment. I'm even thinking about selling the kids for medical experimentation ;)

Thanks.

I remember the 3 Scottish shillings we schoolboys all looked out for in our change :

1959 - hardly ever turned up

1961 - turned up from time to time

1965 - turned up all the time, usually BU. With the same mintage as the 1961 we all thought "whoopee!" and saved them, which is probably why they're worth so little now!

Blimey Chris I can remember you having tenant problems ages ago.

We have been very lucky although are tenants do push for everything.

I know what you mean, trade is veeerrrryyyyy slllllooooowwwwww at the moment. I'm even thinking about selling the kids for medical experimentation ;)

At least the Royal Mail is working, the three Maundy boxes arrived today, thanks John. Oh and thanks for sorting out the postage. As it was you I didn't worry about haggling as I assumed it would get sorted.

New format appears to be working with firefox on my machine :)

Ditto here, using Safari on a Mac.

And IMAGE UPLOAD IS NOW WORKING! Yay.

post-4737-0-72350600-1374582838_thumb.jp

(Just to celebrate something other than the bl00dy royal birth).

Although the date of the last post shows, is there any way of including the time as well? o/w you have to open it up to see if it is a new post or not whereas previously you only had to look at the time of the last one which you would obviously remember.

Although the date of the last post shows, is there any way of including the time as well? o/w you have to open it up to see if it is a new post or not whereas previously you only had to look at the time of the last one which you would obviously remember.

Not sure I understand you Rob? The presence of new posts is - as it has always been - indicated by a dark coloured folder against the forum name, instead of a pale colour. Once in a new post, I notice (YAY) that there is now a "Next unread topic" button adjacent to the "Back to ......" button, so there's no need to clear darker coloured topics, it can all be done from within each topic without having to go back out to the topic list. YAY.

Not sure I understand you Rob? The presence of new posts is - as it has always been - indicated by a dark coloured folder against the forum name, instead of a pale colour. Once in a new post, I notice (YAY) that there is now a "Next unread topic" button adjacent to the "Back to ......" button, so there's no need to clear darker coloured topics, it can all be done from within each topic without having to go back out to the topic list. YAY.

This has been discussed before - a couple months ago. Some use the icons to tell them what status the posts are, others don't know, or can't be bothered to find out what they mean and just go on the date and time of the last post. I obviously fall in the latter group, as once a post is read, you know what it says. :)

I think I just hit the wrong button :unsure: What I wanted to say is that I'm with Rob on this one. I was about to raise the same point.

This has been discussed before - a couple months ago. Some use the icons to tell them what status the posts are, others don't know, or can't be bothered to find out what they mean and just go on the date and time of the last post. I obviously fall in the latter group, as once a post is read, you know what it says. :)

But that means you have to remember what time you last read that particular forum! (And there's a dozen of them..) There's no way I could remember that so I always used the folder colour to tell me.

Now though, there's a nifty little trick in this new layout : if you're at the last post in a particular topic, there's a little "Next unread topic -->" button, which disappears when you've read all the unread topics. Nice!