British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

I'm wondering if maybe I'm going through a mid-life crisis? Though I have to say I thought I'd done that in my late 30s!

Of course, being me, I just have to be different. Instead of yearning after a Porche, I'm thinking of taking up (indoor) bouldering. Which on the face of it sounds like a sport for Gurls, since to do it you need a pair of uncomfortable shoes and a handbag (to put your chalk in). Garish clothing is also an option.

But I reckon I might be good at it. After all, being a family man, I've had years of experience climbing up the walls. So this should be a doddle.

:P

Edited by TomGoodheart

I'm wondering if maybe I'm going through a mid-life crisis? Though I have to say I thought I'd done that in my late 30s!

Of course, being me, I just have to be different. Instead of yearning after a Porche, I'm thinking of taking up (indoor) bouldering. Which on the face of it sounds like a sport for Gurls, since to do it you need a pair of uncomfortable shoes and a handbag (to put your chalk in). Garish clothing is also an option.

But I reckon I might be good at it. After all, being a family man, I've had years of experience climbing up the walls. So this should be a doddle.

Are you waffer(sic) thin, with tentacles stuck on your shoulders and hips? If you can answer yes to all points you will do well. :)

I might add, this the softies way of climbing. Get out on the hills and find some real exposure - something that will make you remember to take the spare underwear next time. :)

My wife did a lot of that before the birth of 'the boy'! I prefer the outdoor version, climbing trees with a chainsaw.

just for the pleasure, I did recently scale an oak to see how many eggs our local buzzard had laid! In truth, I'm already too old, took me a week to recover from the abdominal and forearm grazes...oh, and to stop shaking, of course! :)

LOL Yes, I am quite skinny, though my testicles are in the usual place.

And though I enjoy outdoors, I can walk to the local climbing wall. Unless I climb old Victorian railway bridges (which kinda needs ropes to be interesting) the closest bouldering would be somewhere like Derbyshire, which is a bit of a drive.

Hence the lazy option of somewhere close, with nice padded floors to fall onto and a cafe to sit in while I recover afterwards! Did I mention I also suffer from vertigo?

Edited by TomGoodheart

LOL Yes, I am quite skinny, though my testicles are in the usual place.

And though I enjoy outdoors, I can walk to the local climbing wall. Unless I climb old Victorian railway bridges (which kinda needs ropes to be interesting) the closest bouldering would be somewhere like Derbyshire, which is a bit of a drive.

Hence the lazy option of somewhere close, with nice padded floors to fall onto and a cafe to sit in while I recover afterwards! Did I mention I also suffer from vertigo?

You can always boulder horizontally. We used to have a route around the caving club hut living room where you had to make a complete circuit without touching the floor. Easier said than done when you've had a skinful. More willingly attempted when you've had a skinful too. :)

You can always boulder horizontally. We used to have a route around the caving club hut living room where you had to make a complete circuit without touching the floor. Easier said than done when you've had a skinful. More willingly attempted when you've had a skinful too. :)

Yes, that's the sort of thing I had in mind. Not necessarily mixed with the drink. Well, not at first anyway!

Cliff diving in Lanzarote fueled by cheap gin.

I prefer a potter around my potatoe patch nowadays.