British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Chris Perkins

Predecimal.com

If you're looking through this forum you probably are aware of predecimal.com and have probably had a look around.

As the 'owner' of this forum and predecimal.com I'd love to hear all your ideas and comments on the site and future development.

Thanks, Chris Perkins

Guest brownowl

Dear Chris Perkins,

Outstanding site! What do I like about it? 1. Aesthetics - Logo, images, and colours appealling, but not overpowering or confusing. Font style and size easy on the eyes. 2. Organization - easy to navigate, links easy to find and use, convenient menu at the top of the page. 3. The "Personal Touch" - although I find the site to be extremely professional, you have managed to retain the sense that you are personally available and at the service of each of your guests. Your enthusiasm for your profession comes through, as well as your attention to detail. 4. Informative - this site is so educational! I came here from a Google search for "British coin collecting", knowing nothing at all about coin collecting (I'd never even heard the word "numismatist" before!). Through the mini-lessons and tips you kindly provide on your site, I now know a thing or two about grading, cleaning, and storing coins, as well as being able to check the current market value of some of my coins! The section on grading in layman's terms, complete with illustrations, was extremely helpful. One gets the impression that you're not into coins just for the money, if you'll excuse the pun. Thank you for sharing your interest in and knowledge of coins. Top marks for the whole site!!

Dear Brownowl,

Firstly, thankyou very much indeed for your comments on the site. I'm pleased the site is providing what it was always meant to provide. It's all about encouraging new collectors, not just selling coins! Your comments do wonders for the old ego too!

I see you have been very busy in the Forum too and that really has done me a favour as it adds to the content of the site (without me having to think of more ideas!) and puts accross different subjects and views. Hopefully more people can reply to them and the word spreads etc.

I will address your other comments in the other forum areas and hope very much that you become a regular 'face' in here! We can at least talk to each other in these early stages.

Chris Perkins

www.predecimal.com

Guest grcalvert

Dear Chris

site is great fun to browse. I've collected Roman for about 20 years, & just getting into British Milled, so looking for information. Lots of interesting things here!

Thanks grcalvert,

I did it around the other way and am just stating to get into Roman so stick around, I'm sure we can help each other.

Chris

www.predecimal.com

Hi Chris,

(Chris@Jul 3 2003, 03:48 PM)

As the 'owner' of this forum and predecimal.com I'd love to hear all your ideas and comments on the site and future development.

Your site is the best coin site that i know of. :D The layout is good, and the navigation is really easy to follow. i used to buy coins from those silly Westminster Collection people. That was before i started collecting Victorian stuff. Since then i have always recieve rubbish advertisements from them. Also, their cheapest items are £9.99! Predecimal.com sells coins for fair prices, and the coins are actually what people want! The forum is great too; easy to use and great for learning from. So......thanks! :rolleyes:

Thankyou William,

My views on the Westminster collection people are about equal to those on Coin craft.

Thankyou William,

My views on the Westminster collection people are about equal to those on Coin craft.

that bad! :o

Yes, and I hate the fact they chose the name 'Westminster' purely becasue it sounds official, as if they are based in Westminster and rub shoulders with important people. It gives them more credibility with novice collectors.

Really they are in Watford and they sell items that are in plentiful supply (so mostly new items) at inflated prices!

Anyway, this area is about ME!

Yes, two very awful dealers, but surely, Coincraft are slightly better than Westminster. (i really hate Westminster!)

Yes, two very awful dealers, but surely, Coincraft are slightly better than Westminster. (i really hate Westminster!)

They did do quite a nice catalogue didn't they?

They did do quite a nice catalogue didn't they?

Ah the Coincraft catalogue...

A master piece of numismatic work, (forget the price guide now though, times have moved on...) still the book though, i'd say it was our eqivalent of the US Redbook.

The coin book bible. Still a new updated edition wouldn't harm anything, perhaps with more indepth info than the previous one.

Perhaps something on Bertram Mackennel, Kruger Grey and company so we can answer questions on these people when we get asked about them.

Ah the Coincraft catalogue...

i didn't know Coincraft published a catalogue <_< i suppose the price guides really over the top though.....

i didn't know Coincraft published a catalogue <_< i suppose the price guides really over the top though.....

Ah you could say that! It's caught me out once before...