British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Chris Perkins

Forum was down 3/6/13

The forum was down today. It was first brought to my attention on the predecimal.com facebook thingy.

I had to run something or other and it seems to have fixed it. The something or other is still running in the background so it may be slow for a while!

The forum was down today. It was first brought to my attention on the predecimal.com facebook thingy.

I had to run something or other and it seems to have fixed it. The something or other is still running in the background so it may be slow for a while!

Well, thank goodness you're all technically minded! I wouldn't know a thingy from a whatsit. Even a cheezy one!

Yes, I clicked my Safari 'bookmarks bar' button for Predecimal, and got a page of gobbledygook! Good to see you back :)

Thanks Chris

I would love to hear of your latest ventures... :)

My latest venture is to run around like a headless chicken frantically trying to get things a bit more organised and to find money that I don't have (mainly to do with the houses, due to the tenants in one of them wanting everything done and the other being tenantless but now on the market again. It took over a year to get it right)!

Had bad flooding yesterday in Eastern Germany. We were actually cut off from the world until this morning. My car was at the garage next to a river and the phones were down so I couldn't get in touch with the mechanic that lives above. I also couldn't actually get to him either, despite it being less than 2 miles, not even in the old Range Rover. I phoned this morning and fortunately he'd had the foresight to move the car (my recently acquired 1972 Triumph 2000) to higher ground in the neighbours haulage yard. Everything is fine.

The Triumph's usually burn out themselves B)

Mrs Peter has her sling shot car but I now need to get a nice family/dog/teenager friendly car.I'm heading for a 7 seater...I always craved for a Porsche.Don't have kids. :(

The Triumph's usually burn out themselves B)

Mrs Peter has her sling shot car but I now need to get a nice family/dog/teenager friendly car.I'm heading for a 7 seater...I always craved for a Porsche.Don't have kids. :(

If the tragically poor oil cooler is replaced with a decent one early on, they should go on for years.

1972 Triumph 2000, you don't want to get that wet, it'd rust away in front of your very eyes.

I had a Porsche once but had to sell it for a family car once the little n was too big to sit in the back.

Edited by Gary D

1972 Triumph 2000, you don't want to get that wet, it'd rust away in front of your very eyes.

I had a Porsche once but had to sell it for a family car once the little n was too big to sit in the back.

There's very few 1970s cars that DOESN'T apply to! Datsuns and Italian cars arguably worse than even British.

There's very few 1970s cars that DOESN'T apply to! Datsuns and Italian cars arguably worse than even British.

My 2nd car, in 1981, was a 70s Alfasud. The Alfa's and Lancia's of the time were total rust buckets. My 3rd car was an old 1968 Porsche 911, very solid and well rust-proofed. No room in the back, but I didn't have kids then! I currently have an Italian car, but that's mainly aluminium bodied :)

My 2nd car, in 1981, was a 70s Alfasud. The Alfa's and Lancia's of the time were total rust buckets. My 3rd car was an old 1968 Porsche 911, very solid and well rust-proofed. No room in the back, but I didn't have kids then! I currently have an Italian car, but that's mainly aluminium bodied :)

I had a 944, so back seats of a sort. We've got a Smart now so no room for the 18 year old in the back of that either. Mind you it's hard enough to get him to sit in the front as well. :lol:

I had a 944, so back seats of a sort. We've got a Smart now so no room for the 18 year old in the back of that either. Mind you it's hard enough to get him to sit in the front as well. :lol:

Do they supply a free tin opener with it? :lol:

Not just in the 1970s either. I had a 1988 Alfa Sprint Veloce with a full body styling kit in red. Very nice and the 1600cc flat four was a fabulous engine. Kicked me in the back at 70 when asked to power up on a motorway. Trouble was all the terminal rust in places I never knew a car could rust! Otherwise a great little car, although the interior design led me to believe that all Italians have long arms and short little legs, otherwise they'd have been unable to drive it.