British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Dodgy seller, looks a funny colour, looks modern to me. This person often lists modern fakes that have apparently been in his collection for the past 40 odd years. He is one to avoid at all costs.

251702076916 will look familiar to those following copies of Chas I shillings I think ...

:(

Edited by TomGoodheart

Kosha? 111367413107

Kosha? 111367413107

Not certain, but it looks to have been plugged at 8pm on the reverse, which would favour its authenticity..

Kosha? 111367413107

Not certain, but it looks to have been plugged at 8pm on the reverse, which would favour its authenticity..

Good, I'll let you know when it arrives, never noticed the possible Plug though $125 shipped

Kosha? 111367413107

certainly something going on there. the R on the other side is a bit of an odd shape. If it's plugged they've done a good job, I wonder if it has just been flattened at that point.

$_12.JPG$_12.JPG

Sadly for the seller, ultrasonic cleaning doesn't make it any more genuine.

Edited by TomGoodheart

How did I know this coin was going to be a wreath or a Northumberland? :rolleyes:

He/she dosen't even call it a Northumberland.

$_12.JPG 201225154593

ex Lockdales. But sadly at 4.8g, probably also ex a workshop in Lancashire like these:

http://www.forgerynetwork.com/asset.aspx?id=h/nbQ~x~5QgFs=

http://www.ebay.de/sch/Münzen-Europa-/7975/m.html?item=331412855199&hash=item4d29bed99f&pt=M%C3%BCnzen_Medaillen&_ssn=coin-Olympic

Spotted on the German Ebay, 1903 Halfcrown, 1887 Jubilee Set, Proof 1826 Crown and more! Real or not? They look good.....

I for one am getting worried if these are fakes!

http://www.ebay.de/sch/Münzen-Europa-/7975/m.html?item=331412855199&hash=item4d29bed99f&pt=Münzen_Medaillen&_ssn=coin-Olympic

Spotted on the German Ebay, 1903 Halfcrown, 1887 Jubilee Set, Proof 1826 Crown and more! Real or not? They look good.....

Given The fact there's 2 Negs for counterfeit goods amd that they come from China i'd say 100% fake

http://www.ebay.de/sch/Münzen-Europa-/7975/m.html?item=331412855199&hash=item4d29bed99f&pt=Münzen_Medaillen&_ssn=coin-Olympic

They will definitely be fakes. If some items look good, it's because the pictures are genuine and have been taken from other vendors' sales. You can still see the gkcoins watermark on some of the images.

Edited by Nick

They will definitely be fakes. If some items look good, it's because the pictures are genuine and have been taken from other vendors' sales. You can still see the gkcoins watermark on some of the images.

One of the most blatent I have come across, at least some leave it up to the bidder to decide whether genuine or not, here, in many cases the seller is stating GENUINE and depicting coins in US TPG holders, which may or may not also be fake.

As several thousands of pounds are involved it does surprise me that these cases don't seem to be easily referred to/investigated by the serious fraud people (or whatever they have in Germany (or China, which might be little or nothing for this sort of thing)) ... perhaps it is all regarded as caveat emptor and after all covered by eBay buyer protection and/or credit card purchase protection?

Increasing danger to the integrity of our hobby :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Edited by Paulus

Maybe time To leave a large bid On his Crown :)

We might as well just get used to it. Chinese fakers are not going to stop producing fakes, eBay are not going to stop taking their cut and the authorities of whichever country it might be are not going to stop looking the other way.

But you must sell what is yours, so its false advertising and cooyright theft

But you must sell what is yours, so its false advertising and copyright theft

Indeed, but that's only a concern for ethical companies.