British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
TomGoodheart

Booky books

I have copies of

Edward Besley's Coins and Medals of the English Civil War (128pp, Seaby/National Museum of Wales, 1990) and George Boon's Cardiganshire Silver and the Aberystwyth Mint in Peace and War (287 pp, National Museum of Wales 1981) if anyone is interested before I list on ebay?

post-129-009613600 1368028321_thumb.jpg post-129-010131500 1368028337_thumb.jpg

I bought them from Galata in 2004. They are both in good condition (though I've written my name in them in pencil) and make very interesting reading for anyone interested in the period.

The Cardiganshire book discusses mining and minting processes and the accounts of Thomas Bushell, the Besley covers a wider scope, though is a smaller book. Both are nicely illustrated, the latter with some plates in colour.

I paid £23 for the Besley and £50 for the Boon but I'm willing to haggle/negotiate on price if I know they're going to a good home!

I'm happy to answer any questions if anyone wants more details!

*bump*

I've decided to keep the Besly, but Boon's book on the Aberystwyth mint is still available if anyone is interested?

Sign in to follow this