British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

RChris

posting pics

Nice example :)

1366321250' post='84813']

Thanks its one of my best i think, prob paid alittle to much for it at £24 but im happy to own it.smile.gif

Thanks its one of my best i think, prob paid alittle to much for it at £24 but im happy to own it.smile.gif

I'm away without the bible to guide me, but I'd feel pretty happy shelling out £24 for ANY top-grade E7 (poor old farthing excluded...though even they must come close in my mind, if you really want the Uncs!)! I like it, nice addition!

1366325640' post='84820']
1366324266' post='84816']

I'm away without the bible to guide me, but I'd feel pretty happy shelling out £24 for ANY top-grade E7 (poor old farthing excluded...though even they must come close in my mind, if you really want the Uncs!)! I like it, nice addition!

Ye thinking about £24 pound is not to bad for that coin what grade do you think so i can check in the coinsgb book for a value

1366325640' post='84820']
1366324266' post='84816']

Ye thinking about £24 pound is not to bad for that coin what grade do you think so i can check in the coinsgb book for a value

There's no detectable wear apart from a very slight rubbing on Britannia's thigh. It hasn't got full lustre so I'd venture a grade of AUNC. £24 is good value even for a 1902.

Picture posting update:

The allowance is now 500k per post, up from 150k - however the same principles apply, especially if you're trying to upload a 5MB camera photo!

On 7/17/2014 at 7:14 PM, Peckris said:

Picture posting update:

The allowance is now 500k per post, up from 150k - however the same principles apply, especially if you're trying to upload a 5MB camera photo!

Hmm, I seem to have failed completely using the "Drag files here to attach" method.  I have tried pictures as small as 100kb but keep getting the error "You are only allowed to upload 501.76kb."  I even tried grabbing a photo already posted on the forum that was 335kb and tried to post it back. I got the  same error message.

I used photoshop to reduce my picture file size below 600x600 pixels, with medium jpeg quality.  Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks.

Edited by whitedb
spelling mistake

If you try to upload a larger than 500kb file, I think it retains this 'on account' so to speak, so a smaller image just gets added to the initial figure. If there is a problem loading and you know the file is less than 500kb, exit the thread, come back in and try again. This should work.

Thanks Rob,  I did as you suggested and was able to upload the photos.  I appreciate the help.

There are several apps that will resize a photo for you. The one I use is called IrfanView which also has photo editing features and is free.

If you resize a 5MB jpeg file to VGA the total file size is under 100 kB which is well under the 500kB  limit imposed on this forum 

2 hours ago, ozjohn said:

There are several apps that will resize a photo for you. The one I use is called IrfanView which also has photo editing features and is free.

If you resize a 5MB jpeg file to VGA the total file size is under 100 kB which is well under the 500kB  limit imposed on this forum 

Ozjohn, Thanks for the suggestion.  IrfanView is an amazing piece of software, I have been using it for over 10 years now. In this case I had used Photoshop to reduce the size of the images. The issue in the end was not the size of the photos, I had been able to make them small enough.  Rob identified the problem correctly, once I had tried the initial photo that was too big it "remembered" it and would not allow any others even though they were correctly sized.  I logged out and back and then there was no problem attaching the smaller pictures.

On 12/02/2017 at 9:22 AM, whitedb said:

Rob identified the problem correctly, once I had tried the initial photo that was too big it "remembered" it and would not allow any others even though they were correctly sized.  I logged out and back and then there was no problem attaching the smaller pictures.

If this happens, I find the easiest cure is to reload the page (press F5 or click "refresh") .

This makes the page forget what it thought it knew :)

• Like 1

Just now, Andy77 said:

Shame photobucket want so much money to host their pics now :(

They're all going that way. :(

Grrrr! Photobucket stinks. I have used them for about 9  years to post images on this site and various other fora. All my posts are now worthless sans pictures :(

When I sign on I find i can retrieve about 50% of my images, the rest although I see a thumbnail, all I get is their banner telling me I must pay for the service. Very frustrating as I no longer have the originals :(

Yeah, I post on some other forums, and we had most of the smileys and backgrounds saved to Photobucket, and then they all started disappearing one by one, so we had to remove them all :(