British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Peckris

1967 penny goes for silly money

OMG. What fool would pay £850 for a 1967 penny, even if it was a CGS slabbed UNC98?

Link

OMG. What fool would pay £850 for a 1967 penny, even if it was a CGS slabbed UNC98?

Link

£8.50!! I'm sure I only bid £8.50!!!! Bloody decimal points .. :angry:

Link

This link completely froze my computer and send my hard-drive into a grinding frenzy, leaving me with no option but to crash it! Has it been OK for everyone else?

Link

An April fool perhaps would pay it

Link

This link completely froze my computer and send my hard-drive into a grinding frenzy, leaving me with no option but to crash it! Has it been OK for everyone else?

Oh dear, that wasn't the intention at all. I'm sorry that happened to you. :(

Link

Oh dear, that wasn't the intention at all. I'm sorry that happened to you. :(

It can't have been the link, not if everyone else is browsing it trouble free! I'll have to take a look at the 'events' tomorrow! Probably had too many pages open for my poor, heavily ladened, old laptop!

Sorry, Stuart. I took this to be an April Fools' prank, as I thought you were on your iPhone. :(

Sorry, Stuart. I took this to be an April Fools' prank, as I thought you were on your iPhone. :(

I did think for one aweful moment that the lack of response was due to everyone being sat at home, scratching their heads as to why smoke was billowing out of their PCs! :lol:

Could have been the ultimate April Fool!

Mine froze up for a bit but got over it.

I've just taken it to be an April fool's joke as the link goes to the metro news site with no obvious sign of anything coin related.

I've just taken it to be an April fool's joke as the link goes to the metro news site with no obvious sign of anything coin related.

I believe that was Peckris's intention. Misleading us poor coinies with an article about other such tricks. ;)

I believe that was Peckris's intention. Misleading us poor coinies with an article about other such tricks. ;)

Yeah, but the April Fool's joke was my original post, leading to a site that gave the game away. It wasn't part of the joke to freeze up people's computers - sorry about that.