British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

dorey

where to cash in new pence 2p coins from 1971-1983

Guest Ekram

Hello there what are they worth plz

IMG_3193.JPG

IMG_3193.JPG

Does anyone here know why so many people have it in their minds 1971 decimals are valuable? I find this baffling. 

Probably because it is the commonest year for 'NEW PENCE'

I will happily pay 5p for the coppers if you will pay postage. Do you take PayPal?

I would pay 95p for the pound as there is a bit missing, same terms as above.

If you try Ebay do be aware they take 10%. My offer could be to your advantage, unless of course you would rather spend them .

Jerry

• Like 1

you are right jelida

why not just say it THEY ARE MANKY  pocket change coins

• Like 1

Go back to school!!

yes I had manky pocket change at school as well

Guest Stella

I have New Pence coins 1p-2p ranging from the dates 1971, 1975, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980 And  1981. Are any of these worth anything? :huh:

image.jpg

They are current, so worth face value. Spend them in the shop.

• Like 1

Or throw them on the pavement like the rest of the population

On 04/06/2017 at 4:26 PM, Rob said:

Bear in mind the following estimate was based at a specific point in time when I looked at prices and subsequently will have changed.

The current copper price is $2.2522 per lb. The current exchange rate is GBP1 = USD1.2891. There are 453.592 grams per lb and the nominal weight of an Irish 2p is 7.12g. Therefore the intrinsic value at current spot prices is £0.02742.

Old Irish currency can still be exchanged for Euros by the Central Bank in Ireland. £1 Irish = Euros 1.269738. GBP1 = Euros 1.14254. 2 Irish pence would therefore be worth Euros 0.0253948, or GBP 0.0222266 assuming no currency conversion costs.

Melting it is therefore a no brainer, being at a premium of over 20% to the amount receivable should you travel to Dublin and pay it in.

If it was uncirculated with full lustre, it might retail at up to a quid, but there isn't much demand.

On 08/08/2017 at 9:54 AM, mrbadexample said:

Two pence. Very slightly over that if you melt them down for scrap, as I understand it. :)

On 14/04/2017 at 5:16 PM, Guest MartinD738 said:

The ONLY New Pence 2p that is worth buying or selling in any condition is the 1983. These were released in Martini and Heinz BUNC set before the error was reported and subsequently withdrawn from further official sales. Similar to the lines through the face Olympic 50p.

Guys, seriously when will people learn ONLY THE 1983 NEW PENCE. not 1971-1982 ONLY 1983. 

() |{

Trouble is Thazz, even if you set up a website or a page or stickies explaining this, none of these people would believe it and would still come and post silly questions.

I mean, if a pretty 50p with a mintage of 8million+ can be rare, and OFFERED for sale at £5k+ why shouldn't every other coin in history.

• Like 2

Guest Wendy
On 3/26/2017 at 2:48 PM, Guest jAWAD said:

Hi I have New Pence 2

D.G.REG.F.D 1971 ELIZABETH II 

I want to sale it... What will be the offered price?

13 minutes ago, Guest Wendy said:

2p.

As existing circulating currency, they are accepted at many outlets including banks, newsagents, supermarkets and any high street business. The can also be used in charity boxes. They are not suitable for on-line payments, because computers are not fitted with a coin payment mechanism.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Guest Wendy said:

Hi I have New Pence 2

D.G.REG.F.D 1971 ELIZABETH II 

I want to sale it... What will be the offered price?

I believe the value of the metal used is now worth more than 2p, which is why the Mint switched to steel in the 90s. The problem would be finding a buyer who would be willing to pay - say - 2.1p so they could make a 0.4p profit. :lol:

I’ve got a bucketful of predicimal Copper, I did think of giving it to the charity shop, but realised it would just add to the crap on EBay.  is it worth taking it to a scrap yard?

6 minutes ago, davidrj said:

I’ve got a bucketful of predicimal Copper, I did think of giving it to the charity shop, but realised it would just add to the crap on EBay.  is it worth taking it to a scrap yard?

Could do. Scrapping is environmentally friendly as it saves digging up Africa or Chile un-necessarily. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rob said:

Could do. Scrapping is environmentally friendly as it saves digging up Africa or Chile un-necessarily. 

I saw a video of some guy used I think 10k pennies and floored his kitchen with them lol :)

• Like 1

I've seen a garage floor done like that - and the RM have a mini covered in pennies too (bet that doesn't get down the road now!).

• Like 2

Guest useless answers

stupid answers

Thet are just having a laugh. Have you tried the 2p fruit machines?

1 hour ago, Guest useless answers said:

stupid answers

I’m sorry, I don’t understand. Which are you, ‘Guest useless’ or ‘stupid’?

And what are you answering?

Jerry

• Like 2

stupid answers

stupid answers

How much do you think 2p is worth einstein? I suggest you google before posting saves embarrassment :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guest useless answers said:

stupid answers

Stupid questions get stupid answers.

2 hours ago, declan03 said:

Thet are just having a laugh. Have you tried the 2p fruit machines?

These machines also take pre decimal 1/2d's  or so have been told.:o...next time a numbnuts says he has a £5 bag of 1967 1/2d's  the kids can play the fruit machines for a couple of weeks.

50 2p's to £1 or 480 1/2d's...maybe a good investment.:D

• Like 1