British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Master Jmd

What about a new book for early milled?

On the rotographic website under 'the titles' it says 'more titles coming soon...' ...well, what about doing an early milled book along with the normal Collecters Coins book?

Iv'e spoken to Sylvester about just the same! I need to really concentrate on getting the current titles into PDF form before I do new titles.

I have actually been talking to none other than my own father about doing a Collectors price guide to British military medals, Boer war (1899) to now. He's into those you see.

When i get my Spink 2005 then i might go and get some Early Milled prices for you should you wish me to (mind you i've still got to finish up these sixpences... i hope i get round to doing the Britannia Groats too).

For an Early milled book i take it, it would be a non-gold one going upto the end of George II's reign, seeing as you don't want to loose the George III book.

When i get my Spink 2005 then i might go and get some Early Milled prices for you should you wish me to (mind you i've still got to finish up these sixpences... i hope i get round to doing the Britannia Groats too).

For an Early milled book i take it, it would be a non-gold one going upto the end of George II's reign, seeing as you don't want to loose the George III book.

Yes, I would imagine something like Cromwell to GII.

Dont say im being mad, but i would like to try to tackle charles II if this book comes together ;)

Well that's very ambitious of you Jmd, for someone who has yet to receive his first CII coin! But, you know I like to get everyone involved, so if you're ready and willing you can help on it (if and when it happens).

The whole of Charles II? :o

Hey if we're gonna do it in monarchs then i want James II and William and Mary! :D (But NOT William III!) :D

So it's gonna be 1656-1760.

I'll do the sixpences too 1658-1758 plus William and Mary and James II coins.

But first i've got to finish of the 1816-1837 run of sixpences and the Liz II, I've got Geo III done and i've got Geo IV and Will IV set up awaiting the prices to be entered. I haven't even started the groats.

I have a Charles II farthing chris ;) (here)

...and yes, i know it would be an 'enormous' task, but yes, i would be glad to learn more about his coinage and at the same time help rotographic ;)

Edited by Master Jmd

I have a Charles II farthing chris ;)

...and yes, i know it would be an 'enormous' task, but yes, i would be glad to learn more about his coinage and at the same time help rotographic ;)

Enormous... you wait till you see the halfcrowns! :lol:

I have a Charles II farthing chris ;)

Funny so do i! :D

I really like that JMD. Maybe you could have "2005" a little more to the left, with "edition" after it? Also, underneath the caption at the top, maybe you could put on www.rotographic.co.uk??

I don't think it needs "edition" - it's pretty obvious that it's the 2005 edition if it says 2005 on the cover.

The bit at the top looks much better :)

That looks good Jmd, I especially like the idea of it matching with the Collectors Coins 1797-2004. In the end all 3 can match and will cover 1656 - 2004.

That looks good Jmd, I especially like the idea of it matching with the Collectors Coins 1797-2004. In the end all 3 can match and will cover 1656 - 2004.

All 3?

Yes:

Collectors Early Milled

Collectors George III

Collectors Coins Great Britain

Ok, ive had another jiggle with it and came out with this, but i wasn't sure if to brighten or darken the coin in the background...anyway its brightened a bit...

Is there much point in doing Collectors George III coins aswell as covering george III in Collectors Coins Great Britain?

:)

Looking good, here JMD you don't fancy trying to do the cover for the late milled one, i mean i got a 'sort of copy' on mine but can i email it to Chris? can i heck as like!... it's just too big and i'm afraid paint is just not upto the job of getting it smaller size wise. So i'm a bit stuck, i've tried zip i've tried everything, i was going to send it in two parts but getting it into 2 is near impossible due to the size...

There is a better picture of the florin now on coinpeople (with a digital camera) by it's new owner Stujoe... I can direct anyone that wishes to go over there and have a bash.

Someone on here must have a decent software package to pull of a good front cover? :huh:

to be honest i do not have 'decent software' i designed this one with powerpoint and microsoft paint believe it or not!

I'm not too keen on the first letters being lighter than the others but it's a promising draft!