British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

RENNES

VERY RARE OR VERY FAKE?

Pas la difference!

Vive la Brocanté,

J'ai trouvé cette pièce aujourd'hui!

Pour 30 centimes .......

http://www.cgb.fr/ci...d_277512,a.html

Mine has slightly more detail in the wings and the face of young Napolean.... :D

CGB are not shy with there prices are they! :o

As a publisher and a reference souce, CGB is one of the best coin sites worldwide in my view, sadly their retail prices for coins are horrendous

Ok, slow down and hold up. Things are running away with themselves. Firstly, do you want to sell the coin? If you do you stated that you've had persons asking how much, so how many people did you email?

Are all fremch coinage experts? If so, play them against each other IF you want to sell. Ask THEM what they're prepared to pay and not what you want, you may get a large Variable in price if you have 3 Potential buyers.

Take things slower and don't rush, you may eventually rue the day

Pas la difference!

Vive la Brocanté,

J'ai trouvé cette pièce aujourd'hui!

Pour 30 centimes .......

http://www.cgb.fr/ci...d_277512,a.html

Mine has slightly more detail in the wings and the face of young Napolean.... :D

Davidrj I agree 100 percent. I am yet to find another web based source of information anything like CGB offers. (this is probably why there is such a premium on there coins)

Azda, thats exellent advice thankyou. At present there is no CGB price reference for the 1693 1/4 Ecu. Im sure you will see it next years edition of the Gadoury) ;)

I have contacted four French experts. Three come back to me with NVF and a VF. And quite Vague with a value. F.D and V.C where the most welcoming and have offered there assistance for any further questions.

So for me thats far more valuable than the coin.

And the advice from this forum.

Now Im thinking of holding on to it for wee while. See how it pans out with a listing in the Gadoury. As Davidrj said it may be more appealing to an American collector.

I think V.C is popular over there with coins alike.

Les Franc used in conjunction with CGBs website is very pratical and useful.

Well, only if you like the difference....

As a publisher and a reference souce, CGB is one of the best coin sites worldwide in my view, sadly their retail prices for coins are horrendous

post-7865-045201700 1360878138_thumb.jpg

Davidrj I agree 100 percent. I am yet to find another web based source of information anything like CGB offers. (this is probably why there is such a premium on there coins)

Azda, thats exellent advice thankyou. At present there is no CGB price reference for the 1693 1/4 Ecu. Im sure you will see it next years edition of the Gadoury) ;)

I have contacted four French experts. Three come back to me with NVF and a VF. And quite Vague with a value. F.D and V.C where the most welcoming and have offered there assistance for any further questions.

So for me thats far more valuable than the coin.

And the advice from this forum.

Now Im thinking of holding on to it for wee while. See how it pans out with a listing in the Gadoury. As Davidrj said it may be more appealing to an American collector.

I think V.C is popular over there with coins alike.

Les Franc used in conjunction with CGBs website is very pratical and useful.

Well, only if you like the difference....

CGB have thrice given me partial refunds because THEY considered a piece I'd purchased to be over priced. And it's the best online resource I've found to date. Grading can be slightly ambitious on their Jetons though.

There is one positive point about the inflated values quoted at CGB,

I think these high values will help bring coins back into the market for future generations of collectors to enjoy. So its not all bad.

If anyone is looking for any RARE French jettons look no further:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-French-jetton-BON-POUR-2-FRANCS-1923-/320748219096?pt=US_World_Coins&hash=item4aae156ad8

Its fairly priced and what makes this one RARE is, its "Made of solid metal".. Not the fact

theres over 43 Million having the highest mintage from this seris :lol: :lol:

Saturday morning ebay laughs love it.

In this case below CGB all day!!

http://www.cgb.fr/2-francs-chambres-de-commerce-1923-f-267-5,fmd_127299,a.html

If you really wanted the coin in a better grade:

http://www.cgb.fr/2-francs-chambres-de-commerce-1923-f-267-5,fmd_127264,a.html

The seller looks positive here;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FRANCE-2-FRANCS-1923-UNC-A16-10-55-/251228346075?pt=US_World_Coins&hash=item3a7e6056db

used CGB.FR myself, because I have a good collection of french pieces myself.

they also cover the variaties :D

Edited by scott