British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
batman88

Where is the best place to sell coins?

Hey all!

I'm looking for the website where my coins can be sold. Preferably it's supposed to be smth with a really low fees.

Thanks.

Depends on what you have. Selling a coin only worth silver scrap is completely different than selling something like a Gothic Crown. Selling a bun penny variety is different than selling a William IV halfcrown.

When it comes to low-price or low quality items its usually best to just stick them up on the 'Bay and see what they fetch. Some local bullion shops may be able to give you a good deal if you've got common, worn silver coins just worth scrap silver. When it comes to high-end stuff you might get the best $$$$$ to look at higher end dealers or consider talking with a major auction house. When it comes to specialty stuff, you'd be best to see a dealer who specializes in that area and from there see where the best place to sell it is.

But I'd start by posting pictures and descriptions of what you have here on the forum, because there's really no way to advise you on the best way of selling something if we don't know what it is, because a great way to sell one thing is the absolute worst way to sell something else.

Depends on what you have. Selling a coin only worth silver scrap is completely different than selling something like a Gothic Crown. Selling a bun penny variety is different than selling a William IV halfcrown.

When it comes to low-price or low quality items its usually best to just stick them up on the 'Bay and see what they fetch. Some local bullion shops may be able to give you a good deal if you've got common, worn silver coins just worth scrap silver. When it comes to high-end stuff you might get the best $$$$$ to look at higher end dealers or consider talking with a major auction house. When it comes to specialty stuff, you'd be best to see a dealer who specializes in that area and from there see where the best place to sell it is.

But I'd start by posting pictures and descriptions of what you have here on the forum, because there's really no way to advise you on the best way of selling something if we don't know what it is, because a great way to sell one thing is the absolute worst way to sell something else.

I completely agree with Generic Lad's response, let's see some pics and you will get the best free and unbiased advice there is!

I found coins I want to sell when I were in Uganda. One coin is ugandan and other is from Kenya. There are not really old, probably 60 years old but I've never seen anything like it before. And actually I've found this website http://www.salecity.me/ where I'm not supposed to pay money for selling the stuff so I guess I'll try it. Thank you all for your help.

hard to say where to sell those then, coins would always sell better where there is a demand for them, so in the country of origin, as well as the british markets due to colonial issues.probably, so the internet is a good start.

Edited by scott

I found coins I want to sell when I were in Uganda. One coin is ugandan and other is from Kenya. There are not really old, probably 60 years old but I've never seen anything like it before. And actually I've found this website http://www.salecity.me/ where I'm not supposed to pay money for selling the stuff so I guess I'll try it. Thank you all for your help.

Hmm.

Looks a bit dodgy.

Couldn't be...

possibly...

post-4737-059338600 1360324338_thumb.jpe

...could it?

Hmm.

Looks a bit dodgy.

Couldn't be...

possibly...

post-4737-059338600 1360324338_thumb.jpe

LOL

Not at all:D

...could it?