British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

It seems most of the UK is currently shivering with fear at the threat of snow (Actually I think a lot of the UK is snowing atm :P) But anyone affected by the trains being cancelled just because there was snow foretasted last night?

Most of the trains I would have got on (between Colchester and Liverpool street) had been cancelled or delayed today. Sadly the ones I get on weren't. So I had to go into work.

I did stand in the cold for over 50 minutes in Marks tey (essex) yesterday due to a broken down train, ended up getting on my other train back home. Was -10 there yesterday!

One of the only downsides to traveling to London to work 5 days a week.

You can only think of ONE downside to working in London! ;)

Yeah, I bet there are a fair few pedestrians now keeping an eye out for falling helicopters...

tiny bit of snow and any transport south of crewe shuts down :P

It has just stopped snowing here. But didn't really settle much anyway.

Well I can think of loads of things wrong with working in London:

1 - I pay around £500 per month travel, £40 parking, £80 (actually gone up now) tube rides, £360 or around that per month train ride,

2 - From the house to the office, it takes around 2 hours.

3 - People are rude as anywhere! Even had a man in his 40's (all suited) a couple months ago attempt to barge my clearly showing pregnant girlfriend off the tube.

4 - The tube is evil!

5 - Prices through the roof for everything.

There are more I'm sure :P

Yeah, everything seems to shut down. I'm having to keep watching the sites to make sure my trains don't get cancelled.

Snow here (Buckinghamshire) but as I have just a pleasant hour's stroll to and from work each day it hasn't affected me!

Snow here (Buckinghamshire) but as I have just a pleasant hour's stroll to and from work each day it hasn't affected me!

You're not like these other people then! Can't do anything because a little snow has fallen.

Still snowing here in Leicestershire. Haven't had to leave the house though -one of the perks of working from home! :)

Still snowing here in Leicestershire. Haven't had to leave the house though -one of the perks of working from home! :)

I used to work from home :( Then the boss decided to get an office in London, and offered more pay, more prospects. Would have been amazing. But I had only just moved up to Suffolk 2 months before, from the borders of London.

Oh it must be almost time for your trek /commute home now then ....sorry!

It's OK, I start and finish at 2.30, so I'm home already. I work in a small care home ... so working from home would .. probably not go down well with Wifey!

Most of the walk is through parkland so it was actually quite pleasant. Snow is fun. It's slush (and when the river floods and blocks my route) I don't like so much!

:P

Edited by TomGoodheart

You can be a nasty piece of work sometimes, Debbie! :lol::P

I work in a small care home ...

Get you, TG, very impressed! Are you sure you don't live in a caravan? ;)

I start and finish at 2.30

snow or no snow, thats a very short working day :D

Edited by ski

Hmmmm thanks :P

The snow looks to be thinning out the closer i get.

It has just stopped snowing here. But didn't really settle much anyway.

Well I can think of loads of things wrong with working in London:

1 - I pay around £500 per month travel, £40 parking, £80 (actually gone up now) tube rides, £360 or around that per month train ride,

2 - From the house to the office, it takes around 2 hours.

3 - People are rude as anywhere! Even had a man in his 40's (all suited) a couple months ago attempt to barge my clearly showing pregnant girlfriend off the tube.

4 - The tube is evil!

5 - Prices through the roof for everything.

There are more I'm sure :P

Yeah, everything seems to shut down. I'm having to keep watching the sites to make sure my trains don't get cancelled.

I used to live in Chelmsford, so I know all about the line out of Liverpool Street. It can be a total nightmare at times.

You're also right about how rude London can be, and the suited City types are the worst of the lot for just walking straight at you as though you're not there. It's the kind of breathtaking arrogance that you rarely encounter elsewhere, except from low life chavs.

Meanwhile the snow scene at the front of my house can be seen here if anybody interested. Really bad in Warwickshire at present. A lot of snow and temperatures well below freezing. Currently about -3C. I left work at 1pm today for a difficult journey home.

Edited by 1949threepence

Virtually no snow in Manchester. A sprinkling last night and a few flakes today, but no problems. Re-roofing a house at the moment which is not the ideal job for this weather.

Virtually no snow in Manchester. A sprinkling last night and a few flakes today, but no problems. Re-roofing a house at the moment which is not the ideal job for this weather.

No!

Very little moving up here in the deepest Cotswolds! :D oh dear...

My daughter in law is working in the pub in the next village; double shifts today. I wouldn't let the Pwincess out in her little Peugeot roller-skate, so I took her this morning at 10 in the 4x4 - I was the first car to have made the journey - such fun driving on virgin snow! It's all uphill on the way there, which is easy, but downhill is much hairier. It was just starting to crunch at 6pm when I took her for the evening shift, and picking her up at midnight's going to be VERY slippy. It's all single cars width high hedge lanes.

I was supposed to be putting edging strips round a lawn tomorrow, so if (when!) I have to cancel that, that'll be £200 of work I've lost this week to the flippin' weather. But the woods are beautiful, with all the heavy branches down over the road.

I think the weather took its toll on York today. Had an email which said no one had turned up. Did anyone go today?

Sorry, just realised this is in the nothing to do with coins section. :D

Edited by Rob

Can't make it through the rain band :D

Can't make it through the rain band :D

No rain, too cold. Actually, it's positively brassy. Mine fell into the skip today. :D

I think the weather took its toll on York today. Had an email which said no one had turned up. Did anyone go today?

What was happening in York today?

What was happening in York today?

York Coin and Stamp Fair.

I start and finish at 2.30

snow or no snow, thats a very short working day :D

I wish. :)

Edited by TomGoodheart

It was very quiet indeed - all the more coins for me! ;) Was interesting travelling from Durham to York and then from York to the Lincolnshire fens and back, though. The snow has nearly melted here, now. I was in Manchester at the weekend and the sleet was horrific - I much prefer snow.