British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
rpeddie

identify some chinese? coins

hi people :)

was just wondering if i could get some help with these coins to see where they come from and what they may be worth i managed to get them in a lot and cant seem to find what they are thanks in advance

post-7823-040800600 1358277027_thumb.jpg

have quite a lof of the same coin with varying quality just looking for a price range

also they seem to have different provinces, do these add different prices?

thanks

Can you post a bigger picture and a picture of the other side?

Check them with a magnet also. Chinese coins of that era are commonly faked. And by commonly I mean I've seen about 20 fake examples for every 1 genuine one. Now, without seeing better quality pictures I can't say for sure if yours is a fake or not, but if a magnet sticks to your coin (even weakly) you've got a fake coin. However, if a magnet doesn't stick to it, you may still have a fake piece, but if it sticks to the magnet, you can for sure know its a fake.

What worries me on your example is the "mushiness" of the lettering, although it could just be your photo.

hard to tell if genuine with that picture, dunno if it is. not heard of lower demomination fakes but needs to be clearer.

Manchurian provinces 20 cents

it should be silver so yea. do magnet test.

Edited by scott