British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Around VF, but looks a bit water worn to me and too weak in the middle of the reverse for my taste.

Thats kind of what i thought and to which the original seller of this coin confirms. He sold it to this seller as VF, now a new grade appears. Old seller sold it for £1500 and new seller adds a grade and £1000.

Begs the question why he quotes the VF and EF price, calls it EF and then prices it just over VF book. Could ask the question, though you are unlikely to be given the correct answer of 'I've overgraded it to make it sound more attractive than it really is and underpriced on the quoted grade to give the impression of a bargain.'

Honest grading on ebay mostly results in no sale and pricing correctly at around book means sellers need to buy really cheaply to make any money. Both conspire to produce listings of overgraded and overpriced crap.

Edited by Rob

thanks Nick

thanks Nick Douche or whatever you said ;)