British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Greg

New years eve. not celebrating?

Are you like me this year and not doing anthing this evening?

Too much has been or will be happening around this time this year. Plus not really in the mood for a part or anything tbh.

so whats your excuse?

got the neighbours and a few friends coming round at about 10-30, missus has done a spread and plenty of booze......my fav part is the fireworks displays on tv.......bring it on.

At our age. my Wife and I stay up, at home, and watch the ball drop in Times Square in New York, at midnight. Have a little white wine, and shrimp, and have a private evening. Here in the U.S. New Year's Eve is called "Amateur Hour" due to all the drunks on the streets. I have kinda out grown that (finally! Ha,Ha)

Im starting to wonder if I'm at that stage at 26.

Never wanted to go clubbing or even pay to go into the usual pubs just because its new years eve.

Also the girlfriend wouldnt have done anything as shes 4-5 months preggers.

Welcome to the sad gits club! Wife is on a night shift at the the local recovery unit, and I'm sat in on my own with Classic FM, a box of unfiled coins, a bottle of Talisker (already drunk two bottles of Henry Weston's Vintage 8.2%), and a 4-year-old in bed! How miserable am I? ;)

Happy New Year, chaps! :)

Edited by Coinery

Welcome to the sad gits club! Wife is on a night shift at the the local recovery unit, and I'm sat in on my own with Classic FM, a box of unfiled coins, a bottle of Talisker (already drunk two bottles of Henry Weston's Vintage 8.2%), and a 4-year-old in bed! How miserable am I? ;)

Happy New Year, chaps! :)

Haha. Well the gf and i are both sitting here watching rubbish on tv. both on our phones browisng forums (her pregnancy, me this forum) just not very excited about this eve.

I'm in me bed :D

You wouldn't be allowed that luxury in the Bonny Land! I've just been talking with my old Dundonian friend on the phone, and he's just been kidnapped by his two brothers!

It's no wonder you moved to Deutschland! Happy New Year, Dave!

Too much has been or will be happening around this time this year. Plus not really in the mood for a part or anything tbh.

so whats your excuse?

A very odd festive season this year, my wife who has been in hospital over Xmas came home today :)

Then this evening, i get news that my brother has just been admitted to hospital :angry:

So sitting on my tod waiting for New Year - large Scotch at the ready!

Happy New Year All

:)

David

so whats your excuse?

A very odd festive season this year, my wife who has been in hospital over Xmas came home today :)

Then this evening, i get news that my brother has just been admitted to hospital :angry:

Happy New Year All

David

AND my wife's WORKING in hospital, while I sit at home on me tod (though I am actually DRINKING whiskey, rather than waiting on one)!

Really glad your wife's home, and I genuinely hope the news is good re your brother!

Happy New Year, David!

Happy new year to all! Well for 10 mins time

Sorry to hear about your brother, hope he's ok! And glad to hear the wife's home,

Well, I'm working tomorrow so can't overindulge, daughter is at a party, so Wifey and I have just had a nice meal, listened to the Big Ben chimes and will probably turn in the next half hour! Old and boring? Moi?

Happy New Year All!

You wouldn't be allowed that luxury in the Bonny Land! I've just been talking with my old Dundonian friend on the phone, and he's just been kidnapped by his two brothers!

It's no wonder you moved to Deutschland! Happy New Year, Dave!

New year in Dundee as a legal aged drinker was excellent. We used to go to the City Square where about 5000 people gathered waiting for the bells, then grab the first Woman avaliable and smooch. 1 year it was a female Police woman, i asked first incase she arrested me lol. Now i hear they closed City Square off to Cut back the policing costs.

Its now just another day for me here in Munich, does'nt excite me the way it used to in the teens and 20s. I've become a boring fart :D

Well, I'm working tomorrow so can't overindulge, daughter is at a party, so Wifey and I have just had a nice meal, listened to the Big Ben chimes and will probably turn in the next half hour! Old and boring? Moi?

Happy New Year All!

Bar the Cuban, that could've been Peter's post!

Have you got two user names? :)

Happy New Year Richard, I look forward to another year at Pre-Decimal High, if only they'd taught me this for the 11 years I was at school! :(

so whats your excuse?

Happy New Year All

David

Hope everything is OK, David & Happy New Year again to you.

My girl friend has rheumatoid arthritis, which sadly she developed 2 years ago, at the exceptionally early age of 31. So she isn't really fit enough for a night on the town. But it's not my scene and never has been. I've always preferred to stop in and watch the telly at New Year.

The only time I did go out, we had to pay to get in the bloody pub, and it was one of those with a log fire, which I found myself backed onto and pretty much unable to move, spending hours trying to keep my arse from frying !!!

so whats your excuse?

Happy New Year All

David

My girl friend has rheumatoid arthritis, which sadly she developed 2 years ago, at the exceptionally early age of 31. So she isn't really fit enough for a night on the town. But it's not my scene and never has been. I've always preferred to stop in and watch the telly at New Year.

The only time I did go out, we had to pay to get in the bloody pub, and it was one of those with a log fire, which I found myself backed onto and pretty much unable to move, spending hours trying to keep my arse from frying !!!

IF that's the same thing that film star Kathleen Turner got (big "if"), she was improved several hundred % by a swimming regime she was put on.

Edited to add:

This, from Wikipedia:

"1990s - slowed by disease

Turner remained an A-list film star leading lady until the early 1990s, when rheumatoid arthritis seriously restricted her activities and her movie career went into rapid decline. Also, some of Turner's choices at that time proved to be poor – she turned down lead roles in 'Ghost' and 'The Bridges of Madison County', both of which became big hits. The arthritis diagnosis was made in 1992 after Turner had suffered "unbearable" pain for about a year. By the time she was diagnosed, she "could hardly turn her head or walk, and was told she would end up in a wheelchair."[3]

As the disease worsened and the medication greatly altered Turner's looks, along with excess alcohol consumption that Turner said she used to kill her physical pain, her once promising film career as a leading lady took a nose dive and Turner was seen in fewer and fewer blockbusters — though Turner also blamed her age, stating that "when I was forty the roles started slowing down, I started getting offers to play mothers and grandmothers ..." She appeared in the low-budget House of Cards, experienced moderate success with John Waters's black comedy Serial Mom, and had supporting roles in A Simple Wish, The Real Blonde, and Sofia Coppola's acclaimed The Virgin Suicides.

2000s - remission

Despite drug therapy to help her condition, the disease progressed for about eight years. Then, thanks to newly available treatments, her arthritis went into remission. She was seen increasingly on television, including three episodes of Friends, where she appeared as Chandler Bing's estranged, gay father, who works as a drag queen in Las Vegas. She also provided the voice of Malibu Stacy's creator, Stacy Lovell on the episode "Lisa vs. Malibu Stacy" on The Simpsons. She played a defense attorney on Law & Order.

In 2006, Turner guest starred on FX's acclaimed Nip/Tuck, playing a phone sex operator in need of laryngeal surgery. She appeared in a small role in 2008's Marley & Me.

In 2009, she played the role of Charlie Runkle's sexually hyperactive boss in Season 3 of the television series Californication."

Edited by Peckris

so whats your excuse?

Happy New Year All

David

IF that's the same thing that film star Kathleen Turner got (big "if"), she was improved several hundred % by a swimming regime she was put on.

Edited to add:

This, from Wikipedia:

"1990s - slowed by disease

Turner remained an A-list film star leading lady until the early 1990s, when rheumatoid arthritis seriously restricted her activities and her movie career went into rapid decline. Also, some of Turner's choices at that time proved to be poor – she turned down lead roles in 'Ghost' and 'The Bridges of Madison County', both of which became big hits. The arthritis diagnosis was made in 1992 after Turner had suffered "unbearable" pain for about a year. By the time she was diagnosed, she "could hardly turn her head or walk, and was told she would end up in a wheelchair."[3]

As the disease worsened and the medication greatly altered Turner's looks, along with excess alcohol consumption that Turner said she used to kill her physical pain, her once promising film career as a leading lady took a nose dive and Turner was seen in fewer and fewer blockbusters — though Turner also blamed her age, stating that "when I was forty the roles started slowing down, I started getting offers to play mothers and grandmothers ..." She appeared in the low-budget House of Cards, experienced moderate success with John Waters's black comedy Serial Mom, and had supporting roles in A Simple Wish, The Real Blonde, and Sofia Coppola's acclaimed The Virgin Suicides.

2000s - remission

Despite drug therapy to help her condition, the disease progressed for about eight years. Then, thanks to newly available treatments, her arthritis went into remission. She was seen increasingly on television, including three episodes of Friends, where she appeared as Chandler Bing's estranged, gay father, who works as a drag queen in Las Vegas. She also provided the voice of Malibu Stacy's creator, Stacy Lovell on the episode "Lisa vs. Malibu Stacy" on The Simpsons. She played a defense attorney on Law & Order.

In 2006, Turner guest starred on FX's acclaimed Nip/Tuck, playing a phone sex operator in need of laryngeal surgery. She appeared in a small role in 2008's Marley & Me.

In 2009, she played the role of Charlie Runkle's sexually hyperactive boss in Season 3 of the television series Californication."

Thanks for that, Peck. I'll try and find the original article and show it to Vicky. She does get very down sometimes, but still soldiers on, and insists on a long walk every day to keep her mobile. I appreciate your time and thought.