British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Paulus

Floyd fans only

Ah yes! I remember walking up Wembley Way in about 1988 while they maintained the opening chords of Shine On for about half an hour while the stadium filled up.

Quite a night...

My best have been Bowie at MK bowl.Ian Dury at Ipswich and the Ramones at Cambridge.A little bit of green always made it special. B)

Edited by Peter

This one gives me goosebumps everytime i hear it. It has to be one of the best intros to a song EVER!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLKiMbC6s2k

Paulus was talking about TRIBUTE bands, not originals, Dave.

Best tribute band I have seen, anyone know better?

th_AussieFloyd-ComfortablyNumb.jpg

I haven't seen the Australian Floyd, but they are supposed to be the best, like the Bootleg Beatles, and - rumour has it - Fred Zeppelin :D

I think one reason tribute bands are so often so good is that they work hard to reproduce the band's recorded output note-perfect, where the original bands who are still touring, or who have reformed and go out on tour, usually don't give a stuff about being note-perfect; in fact, they often take pride in reinterpreting their own work, confident the fans will still love them.

The best tribute band I ever saw was Talon, who cover The Eagles. I knew it was going to be a good night when I took my seat and counted 18 guitars lined up and ready on the stage! They did an acoustic half, then an electric half, and managed to fit a version of "Hotel California" into both!!

This one gives me goosebumps everytime i hear it. It has to be one of the best intros to a song EVER!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLKiMbC6s2k

Paulus was talking about TRIBUTE bands, not originals, Dave.

Best tribute band I have seen, anyone know better?

th_AussieFloyd-ComfortablyNumb.jpg

I haven't seen the Australian Floyd, but they are supposed to be the best, like the Bootleg Beatles, and - rumour has it - Fred Zeppelin :D

I think one reason tribute bands are so often so good is that they work hard to reproduce the band's recorded output note-perfect, where the original bands who are still touring, or who have reformed and go out on tour, usually don't give a stuff about being note-perfect; in fact, they often take pride in reinterpreting their own work, confident the fans will still love them.

The best tribute band I ever saw was Talon, who cover The Eagles. I knew it was going to be a good night when I took my seat and counted 18 guitars lined up and ready on the stage! They did an acoustic half, then an electric half, and managed to fit a version of "Hotel California" into both!!

I completely agree! I used to poo poo them but having seen Aussie Floyd and The Musical Box (early Genesis tribute) many times I am an absolute convert! Can get a perfect view near the front at the gigs too!!!!

Yes i know Peck, i was making My own statement.

I absolutely love Floyd! :)

Saw them three or four times in the early seventies at such venues as Earl's Court and the Finsbury Park Rainbow. Absolutely my favourite band for many years but think they lost it from The Wall onwards.

I absolutely love Floyd! :)

Saw them three or four times in the early seventies at such venues as Earl's Court and the Finsbury Park Rainbow. Absolutely my favourite band for many years but think they lost it from The Wall onwards.

I saw them three times :

1971 The Crystal Palace "Garden Party"

1972 The Lanchester Arts Festival

1975 Knebworth

And a good time was had by all!

I can still listen to Dark side of the moon.and take a slap from Mrs Peter. :)

Coins,puppies and kittens do me...and Mrs Peter every so often. :)

I can still listen to Dark side of the moon.and take a slap from Mrs Peter. :)

in time with The Wizard Of Oz?