British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Peckris

12/12/12

Only one hour left of this magical date :)

Last 'repetitive' date of our lifetimes.

my dear old mums birthday too.

But still some interesting date combos left. Next year, for example, we've got 11/12/13

02/02/2020 is a perfect palindrome ~ the converse of 20/02/2002

....to name but two.....

Incidentally, next year is the first since 1987, not to have at least 2 digits the same.

I've just peed on Mrs Peter's planted bush...It feels good. :)

Plus I've ordered 2 sneekie coins and a book...I wear the trousers. B)

:D

I've also just ordered a book and a new digital caliper. :)

Does anyone have a copy of Challis 'Tudor Coinage' ?

And well done for posting at 12:12, even if it was on the 13th!

And well done for posting at 12:12, even if it was on the 13th!

Ahh, yes, at 12.12 on the 12th month of 2012. I'm a genious I am, an absolute genesis! :P

But still some interesting date combos left. Next year, for example, we've got 11/12/13

....to name but two.....

Incidentally, next year is the first since 1987, not to have at least 2 digits the same.

How's about 21-02-2012 works much better than 12-12-2012

....to name but two.....

That only works if you subscribe to the appalling computer-driven modern tyranny of having to place a zero in front of a single-digit day or month. Something I resolutely refuse to do, and if I'm filling in a form with boxes for the date, I just leave the first box empty without putting their horrid horrid zero in it. :angry:

Mind you, there will be some interesting genuine palindromes yet to come - 31/1/13 is the next one!

....to name but two.....

That only works if you subscribe to the appalling computer-driven modern tyranny of having to place a zero in front of a single-digit day or month. Something I resolutely refuse to do, and if I'm filling in a form with boxes for the date, I just leave the first box empty without putting their horrid horrid zero in it. :angry:

Mind you, there will be some interesting genuine palindromes yet to come - 31/1/13 is the next one!

Don't you mean 31/01/13 ;)

And of couse dates must be British

31/1/13 is fine as is 20/12/2012

They fail in computer logic - 2013.01.31 and 2012.12.20

and the the Yanks would turn them to the illogical 01/31/2013 and 12/20/2012

Dunno how the Mayans would write them

:)

David

You lot have too much time on your hands! :D

You lot have too much time on your hands! :D

Very true :ph34r:

....to name but two.....

I prefer to see it that way. Although, I'll run with any method as long as it produces an interesting date. Besides which it's more unusual to get date "anomalies" (for want of a better word), which involves the entire year, rather than just the last two digits of it.

12.12.12 is unique, and doesn't work with 2012

But yes, yours is another palindrome.

....to name but two.....

I prefer to see it that way. Although, I'll run with any method as long as it produces an interesting date. Besides which it's more unusual to get date "anomalies" (for want of a better word), which involves the entire year, rather than just the last two digits of it.

There are also some interesting hours, minutes and seconds palindromes that occur every day!! In a mischievous mood, sorry!

....to name but two.....

There are also some interesting hours, minutes and seconds palindromes that occur every day!! In a mischievous mood, sorry!

I guess it won't matter anymore after the 21st anyway. I think I'll put my whole collection on ebay to finish on the 20th and go out in style

....to name but two.....

I guess it won't matter anymore after the 21st anyway. I think I'll put my whole collection on ebay to finish on the 20th and go out in style

Any Mayan pieces in there? :D

The time of your above post isn't lost on me, Peck :ph34r:

The time of your above post isn't lost on me, Peck :ph34r:

Pure coincidence ;)

2.2.22 22.22h (if you leave out leading zeros)

4.8.16 (number doubling)

2.2.22 22.22h (if you leave out leading zeros)

4.8.16 (number doubling)

Now there is a man who is bored over Xmas/New Year :)