British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
stoll

20 PENCE COIN MULTIPLE ERRORS

hi all, i have this 20 pence coin and the queen has 2 crowns. one as usual and 1 going from the forehead into the hair.so a fair distance apart. thers also a blob on the ear and eyebrow. on the reverse the cross which is on top of the crown has been duble hit.

i just wanted to know if it's been seen before or is it actually a rare one

the pictures arnt the best but i hope they show enough

thanks

post-7688-068854900 1354068448_thumb.jpg

post-7688-051538800 1354068473_thumb.jpg

post-7688-053710500 1354068491_thumb.jpg

post-7688-034961400 1354068512_thumb.jpg

post-7688-053115700 1354068533_thumb.jpg

Its possible that the top of the cross is a possible doubled-die? The problem is that having it on both sides is more of a sign of strike doubling, a one-off error that is worth substantially less than a true doubled die. The blobs would be die breaks, also one-off errors (although with a large enough sample size you could see how the die breaks progressed, although that is nearly impossible with something as common as the 20p)

Its possible that the top of the cross is a possible doubled-die? The problem is that having it on both sides is more of a sign of strike doubling, a one-off error that is worth substantially less than a true doubled die. The blobs would be die breaks, also one-off errors (although with a large enough sample size you could see how the die breaks progressed, although that is nearly impossible with something as common as the 20p)

thank you for that,i apreciate it.

trying to find out about coins is harder then i thought haha.

is there any value to this coin? i will try and upload much better pictures later on. thanks

is there any value to this coin? i will try and upload much better pictures later on. thanks

Its worth more than 20p, however I can't really tell you how much more because I'm not really sure what the market would be over there. If it was, say, a dime with those errors in the US it would run in the $3-5 range.

Its worth more than 20p, however I can't really tell you how much more because I'm not really sure what the market would be over there. If it was, say, a dime with those errors in the US it would run in the $3-5 range.

okdoky. i have to find some info on value but cheerss .

I think it's safe to assume that your 20p has no value over and above face, Stoll. Bung it on eBay and you might get a quid.