British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Chris Perkins

Just for the sake of it:

Pebbles to Pounds, the Gen on Gemstones.

Wierd and wonderful old Rotographic titles, and the 'Check you Change' book that started them all off:

http://www.rotographic.co.uk/outofprint_ro...rotographic.htm

I like the idea of the 'Check your 18th century change'! :D

Yes, I thought about resurrecting the titles just fun.

I am just curious......how are coins kept in UNC condition even after centuries? Are they just kept in a drawer or something...........?

I always thought so, although i imagine some are still in mint condition for other reasons.

E.G - In 1950ish a bank (not sure which) was clearing out one of its vaults and it came across a whole bagful of mint state 1700 sixpences (in the original bag). :D

I just wish i had found that.

One of its vaults! How many more did it have? Imagine what could be lurking in the unexplored ones around the country!

Hey, that's just like when all those members of the Coincraft staff find stuff in their vaults! Just imagine how many thousands of 1964 pennies are wrongly lobeled (;)) as 1967 Pennies under Great Russel Street!

Hey, that's just like when all those members of the Coincraft staff find stuff in their vaults! Just imagine how many thousands of 1964 pennies are wrongly lobeled (;)) as 1967 Pennies under Great Russel Street!

Funny you should mention Coincraft cos that was where i got that from.

I had no reason to doubt it because it's stated as 1950 and Coincraft wasn't around then.

Cor I'd love a bag of 1902LT halfpennies! :D:lol: