British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Coinery

? Repaired Crown Edward Penny

Can anyone help me in my understanding of this penny?

I feel loathed to ID it without understanding the crown. Is it a broken crown punch? Repaired crown on die? Or...?

It looks to me as if there is some symetry and intention re the two outer fleurs, so I'm leaning towards a die-repaired-crown, type 10 (maybe)? It's giving me a headache, that's for sure.

I'm at a bit of a loss to be honest!

Ed1dobresize.jpg

Ed1drevresize.jpg

I feel loathed to ID it without understanding the crown. Is it a broken crown punch? Repaired crown on die? Or...?

It looks to me as if there is some symetry and intention re the two outer fleurs, so I'm leaning towards a die-repaired-crown, type 10 (maybe)? It's giving me a headache, that's for sure.

Ed1dobresize.jpg

Ed1drevresize.jpg

Looks like one for TomGoodHeart.

Ed1dobresize.jpg

Ed1drevresize.jpg

Looks like one for TomGoodHeart.

And there was me thinking I was about to break TWO predecimal records in one hit...the 0 reply post, and the longest conversation ever held with oneself in the Mary Fake! You've blown it now, peterkin :D;)

It is London mint doomed for the melting pot :P

It is London mint doomed for the melting pot :P

You're a hard man, Mr Peter, a hard man! :)

I'm a bit flaccid this morning actually....too much pizza and wine last night ;)