British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Chris Perkins

Latest ammended pages.

That's a massive jump since last time, I know. This time however, I've concentrated on the text, so the images are just circles to calculate space. I have also yet to complete the image captions.

As usual, prices are not correct yet.

It's coming along, almost finished the text for section 1 (Circulation coins and mass produced 'easy' proofs)

http://www.rotographic.co.uk/1-49.pdf

When I opened it, it looked immediately sharper - don't know if that's just me or whether you've changed the res but it looks better! Anyway, to nitpicking:

(starting from pg25)

25 - Listed as Young Head then on 26 as Young head

27 - Text box on right looks odd - "differentiate" needs to be aligned with the rest

28 - "re-melted" implies that the 1944 ones had been melted previously - "melted down" would be better

36 - "moto" should be "motto"

38 - "Long tailed 'Q' in 'QUE'" I reckon you could just get away with putting "long tailed 'Q'"

42 - Nice touch with the numerals and numbers

44 - Don't know what's going on with the 1907 mintage

47 - "Bust|" doesn't need to be capitalised. 1817 "moto" should be "motto"

Excellent anyway - not as many mistakes etc plus it looks super! Well done!

Edited by Emperor Oli

Well that just about finished my computer off, not very dial-up friendly! :D

I'll probably have to wait about 1/2 an hour for that to load, i'll just nip into uni in a day or two and have a look on their cable connection computers. ;)

Finally had a quick look not too bad! :D

When I opened it, it looked immediately sharper - don't know if that's just me or whether you've changed the res but it looks better! Anyway, to nitpicking:

(starting from pg25)

25 - Listed as Young Head then on 26 as Young head

27 - Text box on right looks odd - "differentiate" needs to be aligned with the rest

28 - "re-melted" implies that the 1944 ones had been melted previously - "melted down" would be better

36 - "moto" should be "motto"

38 - "Long tailed 'Q' in 'QUE'" I reckon you could just get away with putting "long tailed 'Q'"

42 - Nice touch with the numerals and numbers

44 - Don't know what's going on with the 1907 mintage

47 - "Bust|" doesn't need to be capitalised. 1817 "moto" should be "motto"

Excellent anyway - not as many mistakes etc plus it looks super! Well done!

Right, corrected those. I better get on with adding some pictures.

By the way, pleased you liked the Roman numerals in the Gothic florin section becaue I paid £22 for the font, just to use on 2 pages!

Roman numerals are fairly easy to translate into normal numbers, but I like having both the date in normal and roman numerals - I haven't seen it in any other reference work.

Well actually it wasn't my idea. If you look, Marles already has bi-dates in the 2004 CCGB, and has done since the early 70's I think. It's especially helpful for those people that get confused by Roman numerals, and I know there are lots of those!

Oops I missed that!

Coincraft has them in both too. I thought it was pretty much the norm to have both numbers present?

I've just got Spink, which doesn't. I've flicked through Coincraft but not at the gothic bits.