British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Chris Perkins

The database so far as Excel file

Here is the CCGB2005 database so far, without peoples email address, in excel format, indexed in alphabetical order by denomination:

http://www.rotographic.co.uk/hosted/May04-080804.xls

From this, you can of course see what I already have and not bother harvesting it!

If you don't have excel let me know, I can bodge up a text file.

I still don't get what this bit is for? Am i confused or what... lemme see if i see a coin for sale on the internet or on a list for X amount then i just enter it into the database? Yeah?

Hmm...it looks a bit tatty...but otherwise ok ;)

I still don't get what this bit is for? Am i confused or what... lemme see if i see a coin for sale on the internet or on a list for X amount then i just enter it into the database? Yeah?

Almost, it's really for coins that you've bought or have seen sold at £X. As you can see JMD, Oli, HPJ etc have entered coins they've bought and a few coins they're seen sold on ebay. It's just a general database to help out with the book prices.

Combined with Marles prices and your individual price scouting it all helps out.

JMD: What do you mean it's tatty!!!? It looked worse than that before I tidied it up and it doesn't have to be pretty. You're 14 now aren't you....At that age ;)

If only i could put half guineas on hey?

Hey One dealers just told me Chris that he saw an EF 1686 Sixpence marked up at £1500 at Birmingham!!!What... :o

How CC would be envious! (And i don't mean your book) :D

JMD: What do you mean it's tatty!!!? It looked worse than that before I tidied it up and it doesn't have to be pretty. You're 14 now aren't you....At that age ;)

i mean that it is all a bit packed together...at first glance it is hard to understand ;)

I don't have Excel but I'll download the file and email it to myself and pick it up at a friend's house. All my MS Office has gone since I formatted my PC and I haven't got round to reinstalling it.

I looked at it at a friend's - there's quite a lot in there! I don't think it's "tatty" either ;)

Almost, it's really for coins that you've bought or have seen sold at £X. As you can see JMD, Oli, HPJ etc have entered coins they've bought and a few coins they're seen sold on ebay. It's just a general database to help out with the book prices.

Combined with Marles prices and your individual price scouting it all helps out.

Chris would you rather I entered the prices I find into the database instead of emailing it to you, seeing as everyone else has?

Some people have emailed lists too and it doesn't really matter how they get to me. If you have a chance to enter them in the database at least they'll be in one place.