British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Morning all, I return !

I'm looking to offload a medium sized collection of coin collecting books that I have accumulated ovcer the past 10 years. What would be the best way of obtaining a good (or fair) price for them ?

All contributions welcome.....

Morning all, I return !

I'm looking to offload a medium sized collection of coin collecting books that I have accumulated ovcer the past 10 years. What would be the best way of obtaining a good (or fair) price for them ?

I'm sure's there's many on here, and eBay (BIN) who would give you a fair price. What have you got?

Morning all, I return !

Depends on what is there. I might be interested if they fill a lot of gaps. A list would be useful.

If you are near a major town (London , Birmingham or manchester for instance )you might be better off listing them as a pick up only lot on Ebay.

Pick a free listing day and put a reasonable reserve on them and hope a newbie collector is interested.

You could always leave them at a friend or relatives house if you don't live near a major city.

Just keep relisting them till you get the price you want.

Other more valueable books , IE peck or freeman's books sell like hot cakes anyway .

But the run of the mill stuff i.e. Spink is a bit hard to shift once out of date .

Wow you live near London.

You should have no problem selling the esp if you are based near the m25 :)

Reiterating what other people have said here, I'm sure that many members on here would be willing to pay a fair price for some of your books. Do you have a list available?

Thing is Clive, Rob etc I'd prefer to shift the whole lot in one go rather than allow 'cherry picking' as that way I'll quickly wind up with a pile of books that nobody wants. I've already allowed my Dalton & Hamer and my Gouby to leave the building as it is...

I might try the ebay route as suggested, not comfortable with using Chris' forum to advertise my wares, so to speak, so won't publish a list, doesn't seem right.

Thanks for contributions.

I'd prefer to shift the whole lot in one go

Whereabouts in London are you based? ;)

Thing is Clive, Rob etc I'd prefer to shift the whole lot in one go rather than allow 'cherry picking' as that way I'll quickly wind up with a pile of books that nobody wants. I've already allowed my Dalton & Hamer and my Gouby to leave the building as it is...

I might try the ebay route as suggested, not comfortable with using Chris' forum to advertise my wares, so to speak, so won't publish a list, doesn't seem right.

Surely, even if you wanted to sell in one bulk lot, you'd need to produce a list of what's there?

When it's up on eBay (hopefully with a FULL list of what's there!) you will give us the link to it?

I did have a list, but I lost it when my PC crashed, I'll be honest, I've been putting off making another because it's a tedious task, not so much because of the nature of it, but because of where the books are stored.

I do however need to do it, yes, so will crack on with it.

Based Bromley, by the way.

Thanks.

ps Much Spam on here this morning ?

My friend Richard in Bexley recently sold a largeish collection of Numismatic books to a London based Numismatic book dealer. Quick and easy and a fair price, but I think even he needed a list! I can't remember who the book dealer was, but Richard can be asked via his website www.coinsforsale.co.uk

SPAM,SPAM,SPAM,EGG AND SPAM BAKED BEANS AND SPAM SPAM ON TOAST SPAM WITH SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM SPAM, SPAM AND SPAM.

LOVELY SPAM :lol:

SPAM,SPAM,SPAM,EGG AND SPAM BAKED BEANS AND SPAM SPAM ON TOAST SPAM WITH SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM SPAM, SPAM AND SPAM.

LOVELY SPAM :lol:

"Sorry dear, eggs is off"