British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Paulus

Piedfort Proof Silver Coins

Do any forum members collect these? I have been given a couple and it started me looking at various sites and the Bay, do they have any numismatic appeal do people think?

Do any forum members collect these? I have been given a couple and it started me looking at various sites and the Bay, do they have any numismatic appeal do people think?

Not so much collect them, but having been at auctions in the late 90s, I bought some because they were way below their book price. The only ones I think worthwhile are the "first" or "last", e.g. 1983 £1, 1982 20p, 1990 5p, 1992 10p, etc. But I'm sure some people like the poor things!

ive a couple of 10 p's and one 50p,

like peckris, i bought mine because they were just too cheap to not buy. no real interest in them, they lurke in a cupboard somewhere.

ski

I have 1 or 2 for the little guy

I'd only get them if they were selling at or below scrap price. Not really all that interesting to me though I would like to pick up the 5p one, I've already got the 2 silver proof set of that.

I've bought a few as part of collections or when I've seen them cheaply. I'd much prefer a hammered piedfort, though. ;)

Hi. I collect these . I have around 50 from £5-5p. I would like to collect everyone relaesed. This is just one of my many types of collections. The pic isn't of my latest ones.

Hi. I collect these . I have around 50 from £5-5p. I would like to collect everyone relaesed. This is just one of my many types of collections. The pic isn't of my latest ones.

Can't get pic to upload. :angry:

That would be hugely expensive! Wouldn't it? What is the most valuable/rare one you have and the hardest to find do you think? I have the £5 Elizabeth 1st and £2 Bank of England

The only Piedfort I have is the 2004 Entente Cordiale crown in platinum - given to me - nice present!!

The only Piedfort I have is the 2004 Entente Cordiale crown in platinum - given to me - nice present!!

Blimey that's worth over £3K!

Blimey that's worth over £3K!

My father-in-law took to collecting Royal Mint products for a while and subsequently gave them to me. This was one of the purchases. He gave me a good start at a date run of 20thC sovereigns as well. :D

The only trouble is that I now find I need to keep all of them at the bank.

Edited by DaveG38

i like the roses and plumes.....wouldnt mind one of those in high grade.

Edited by ski

Best I can do for an Anne R&P from my collection (shilling) ... I am sure others can do much better but my pockets are not deep enough, or I wasn't collecting 20 years ago!

1712_Shilling_Rev02.png

Best I can do for an Anne R&P from my collection (shilling) ... I am sure others can do much better but my pockets are not deep enough, or I wasn't collecting 20 years ago!

1712_Shilling_Rev02.png

Is that a P or F counterstamped onto the top left plume?

Good spot, sure looks like a "P".

AT last.

post-7160-051217700 1363293266_thumb.jpg

AT last.

Completed? Have you got the 4 coloured Commonwealth Games ones?

Now wotcha gonna collect? :D

I would put a door over that lot.

I have a 1928 BU SA sov in a case.(father in law memories).It is quite descreet plus any thief would have to get past my Dog and police batton. :)

Never completed :( .It has got two glass doors so it keeps the kids out but not a tea leaf :angry: .