British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest James

Coin Identification

Guest James

I wonder if someone would be good enough to identify two coins for me.

One is silver couloured, 1 inch diam, with a Queen Victoria veiled head on one side and on the reverse a young woman's head with a bun hairstyle and latin writing to either side of the head. It is dated 1837.

The other is copper coloured, 7/8ths of an inch in diam. One side has a large V with the letter O entwined on one arm and the letter C entwined on the other. At the outer rim between the arms of V is an X with a star each side. The date under the V is 1754. The reverse sid ehas a large shield with a crown over and a lion rampant rising from three wavy lines.

I would be most grateful for any advice you can give me

James,

The first one sounds like the official Diamond Jubliee Victorian medal. With a young head on one side and the veiled head on the other. Dated actually 1897 and worth a fiver or more depending on exact condition and size.

You'll need to register and submit a phote for the second one as it remains a mystery to me.

Thanks,

Chris

www.predecimal.com

Guest James

Chris

Photos of both coins - I hope!

James

ooops,

That didn't seem to work.

Was the image too large? Did you select if from the "You may attach a file to this message.

Maximum file size (in bytes): 51200000" section.

Maybe you should just email them to me as an attachment:

cp@predecimal.com

Chris

James,

This is the picture of the coin that you emailed me. I just thought I would also post it in here in case anyone is curious.

Chris

post-20-1066309402_thumb.jpg