British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Hello17

I have been a bit naughty

Hey all. I have decided to mix my hobby ofcoin collection with my obsession with polishing and shiny stuff. i am putting my scrap copper in cola, like they say.

i also spent a 1988 BU pound becuase i am naughty and got hungry

Hey all. I have decided to mix my hobby ofcoin collection with my obsession with polishing and shiny stuff. i am putting my scrap copper in cola, like they say.

:lol:

let us know how you get on with the coke! ;)

I have heard that tomato ketchup works well....

There's nothing rare about a 1988 pound! The burger in a Big Mac is probably rarer. Enjoy :D

There's nothing rare about a 1988 pound! The burger in a Big Mac is probably rarer. Enjoy :D

Just to clarify, as I know where our Peck is coming from...a beef cell being next to the cell it grew up with is, indeed, a very rare thing, in ANY commercial burger!

You'd better get used to it folks, your average 'meat' in a commercial burger is obtained by jet-blasting the wasted bones (after the expensive stuff has been taken off) with water (remembering that 'meat' is nothing other than an animal cell, no matter WHAT cell) so, this includes tendons, sinues, etc, left on the bones, which then has to be dehydrated to 'normal' muscle water-content and seasoned until it's a handsome quarter pounder for you guys!

Pork for sausages includes the lot, i'm afraid, ears, gums, cheeks, tails, hoofs, tendons, spinal cords, delicious, it's all there slopping about in a huge vat ready for dehydration.

I worked in an outlet once where the lamb meat sold for our famous 5-pint doners, consisted of breast of lamb as follows:

Lamb ribs and cartilage were boned out and minced 4-5 times until they were a frothy pink purée. Onto this was added the remaining meat that was minced once. The 'blend' was mixed by hand, and then 'blended' again with a final mince! Lovely! Even bone cells are mince!

This is not why I'm a vegetarian, I miss the flavour of meat very much! ;)

yup, the 2008 coat of arms (old design) one is rarer then the 1988.

:P

Edited by scott

I worked in a butchers when at school.

My sausages were gorgeous and contained no ears,snout or gums.

I do reckon the value sausages are a bit dodgy.

Of course, your average butcher's shop doesn't have the factory line, or the huge water-stripping technology, that your multi-million meat factory has! I didn't put ears in my sausages either! ;)

its true then......Walls have ears :)

We buy the butchers bacon and compared to ASDA is cheaper and a fraction of the white fat.

The cheapest sausages are known in the business as school sausages. Think about it.

I have heard that tomato ketchup works well....

i may be wrong but i think i read thats because ketchup has vinegar in it, so equally brown sauce may work and vinegar too.

ski

Edited by ski

My first batch was face value american pennys.

1999 came out looking like it was brand new.

1980 was clean but was toned, gave it a weird look

1989 was tone on the outside.

1919 came out looking weird. lots of wear.

1988 , i forgot

1939 had wear aswell.

On the sausages and burgers check out the Meat Products Regulations and the Food Labelling regulations. The Food Labelling Regulations define meat when used as an ingredient in other foods as permitting only a certain proportion of fat and connective tissue depending on the species. Also pork is so cheap anyway that it is unlikely that ears and snouts are used (they usually become dog chews - watch out kosher dogs).

The Meat Products Regulations require minimum meat contents for sausages (30%) with excess fat and connective tissue declared separately, Pork sausages (42% pork) and excess fat and connective tissue declared separately, and burgers (60%). Meat products are regulated in this way because people with low incomes eat them and the Government sets a minimum standard, which applies to UK produced food and food not produced in the EU. EU produced food must declare the percentage of meat but it is not limited (it's usually more than the minimum anyway).

Lidl had sausages on special offer the other week 49p a pound

god knows what they contained :o

hello 17 - at least you are not damaging uk coins .

It was a criminal offence to do that a few years ago, (In the uk of course), so we could all have ratted on you and had you sent to a young offenders institute.

i worked in a "hotel" when i was at school, doing the washing up of dishes and glasses.

this was a hotel in an area of southampton where soliciting was legalised and the rooms were rented out by the hour.

i saw some dodgy meat there i can tell you.

god knows what they contained

my neighbour buys them to feed the foxes in her garden......you would think foxes were a little more discerning :)

god knows what they contained

my neighbour buys them to feed the foxes in her garden......you would think foxes were a little more discerning :)

Perhaps the foxes discard the meat and take the skins away as sleeping bags for their new-born cubs?