British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

I know many of you love debating these things, is this coin worthy of GVF-nEF money In Your Humble Opinions?

1826_SX_Rev02_700.png

1826_SX_Obv02_700.png

In terms of wear there isn't much so about the EF mark is ok, but it has been cleaned given the number of hairlines and the obv. edge nick doesn't help.

In terms of wear there isn't much so about the EF mark is ok, but it has been cleaned given the number of hairlines and the obv. edge nick doesn't help.

I'd concur - VF money would be my bet, perhaps a little bit more. The hairlines may not look so bad in hand, after all the coin is greatly magnified.

Such a shame about the cleaning/hairlines.

I couldn't live with it.

Put it in a tray at a badly lit fair and it would be snapped up for EF money.

Yeah, the surface marks really show up on the large photo. Probably in the hand it would be quite nice. I just wonder, has something happened to the coupé bit at George's neck? It looks scratched/tooled where you'd expect a clean surface? Otherwise I think VF + is about right.